Songs, Bo And Tate, And Long Talks

Miranda's pov

I was washing dishes when I heard Jason strumming on his guitar. "When I get where I'm going, they'll be only happy tears." He whisper sings the Brad Paisley song. I walk down the hall to the bedroom we're gonna change into a nursery. He turns around and lowered the guitar when I walked in. "You alright?" He nods and waves me over. He holds my hands and sits me in the rocking chair. "I'm getting a second chance at this and this time I'm not gonna mess up." He says. Poor Jason. He put his guitar back in playing position. He plays beat this summer by Brad. I smile and rub my stomach. I feel a sudden tap that makes me jump in surprise. "What's wrong?" He cries shakily. "N-Nothing. I.... The baby kicked. Sing another song!" I gasp. He smiles and sings relentless for me.

*the next day*

Jason's pov

Me and Luke go baby stuff shopping. "What am I gonna need this for?" I gape, confused as he puts a fancy meat thermometer in the buggy! He laughs. "What do you think that it is?" He's gonna make me look stupid. "What is it, Luke?" "It's a baby thermometer, you put it in the baby's ear so you don't have to try and get them to keep it in their mouths." "Oh..... I have a lot to learn about this stuff then!" He laughs and pats my back. "My friend, welcome to parenthood, the best party you'll ever go to." He says. "Hey Luke, I feel weird asking you this but.... If I need advice, I can come ask you right?" "Of course man, brothers for life. I got your back through anything." I smile. "Thanks, pal. I... I'm very lucky to know a guy as awesome as you." "Thanks man, you too." We finish getting the baby stuff then get home.

*one month later*

"I wanna go! I can defend him!" She says. I sigh. "There's nothin' to defend. It is just we talk to the judge and all. You don't need to be there." "I wanna be there! To support my best friend and her husband and the boys." I sigh and scrunch my eyes in frustration. "What did I tell you about getting worked up?" She crosses her arms. "You arguing is working me up. Now I'm going!" I sigh worriedly.

*later*

"I have as much right to see those boys as she does!" Luke shouts enraged. "Calm down, yelling is only gonna make it worse." I whisper. "He's gone touring most of the year." Caroline says. I glare at her. He was about to make a decision when I stood up. "Your honor if I may say something." "Go ahead." "Luke is one of the nicest guys and the greatest fathers in history. He's thoughtful, caring, considerate, I trust the man with my life. And my kid's. For gosh sakes the man was raised in Georgia. And if you've ever been sir you'll know we keep our doors unlocked. Just trust me on this, if you take those boys away from their father, you're gonna regret it, sir." I can tell he's thinking. I glance at Luke. He looks petrified. "I give full custody of Bo and Tate Bryan to their father Thomas Bryan." He says then bangs his gavel! Yes! Luke stands up and thanks the judge then we walk out and he hugs me. "Jason, thanks so much! I don't know what I'd do if I lost the boys!" "Of course man, I know they rightfully belong with you and Marie." We go pick them up from his mom's place. "Daddy, please tell me we get to stay with you." I see my best buddy crying when his son says that. "Of course buddy! Thank God you do!" He says, hugging them both and breaking down. I smile. "You did great, Jason." Miranda says, holding my hand. I hug her tight. "Those boys and now Alice and Marie mean everything to Luke. I couldn't just sit by and let that happen." "You're gonna make a great dad one day, Jason." "Thanks babe, and you'll make a wonderful mom." I say, kissing her.

*later*

Me and Luke were winding down after today. "You really came through for me today man." I stare out at the sunset, not sure how to respond. "What are you hoping for?" I smile. "A baby girl. I'm praying, man." "Jay can I say something about Sarah without you getting upset." "Yeah." I say slowly and worriedly. "It wasn't your fault what happened. I hope you know that." I clamp down on the arms of the chair I'm sitting in to hopefully keep me calm. "Y-Yeah. I know man. Just a tragic turn of events but.... Either way it's hard." "You alright?" I nod. "Thanks for always being there for me through everything." "You're welcome man, and you too. I have a feeling if you didn't say what you said today, I'd have lost Bo and Tate, I could just feel it." I smile and hug my best friend. "I'd never let that happen."