James Cassells

I hate saturdays. Everyone is out doing something with their friends or families, one of which I do very little, one of which I don't ever do. I hang out with my friends very little, mostly because they like to go out and party, I'm more of a 'stay at home and read' kind of person, ya'know? They like to go out and get drunk six days out of the week, how they're still in school is beyond me, I'm surprised the head of year hasn't kicked them out yet to be honest. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my friends and I would hate to see anything happen to them, but boy can they drink. My family, though, they're a whole other story. I can't stand them, they hate me and I hate them, and that's how it works. For whatever reason, they can't seem to accept me, I guess it's because I listen to "satanic music" or whatever.

My phone went off, causing me to put down my book to look at the notification. I looked and saw a notification from an anonymous number, weird, very few people have this number. I unlocked my phone and read the text,

"Hey, this is James Cassells, you probably don't know me, but Ben, your old high school friend, gave me this number, anyways, I wanted to know if you would like to come out to one of our shows tomorrow evening, and we could talk then?" (idk why I gave him good spelling and grammar but I did)

I sent a quick text to Ben, asking him about the situation, he told me that James found a picture of me and him together from before he went on tour and James thought I was cute and begged Ben for my number so he could talk to me. All in all, it sounded pretty cute, and I'm sure that James is a handsome lad. (I can't with myself ugh) I texted James back and told him that I'd be there tomorrow, he seemed like a nice guy and I needed to get out to meet some different, non-college, guys anyways. I spent the rest of the night reading and planning out what exactly I was going to wear tomorrow.

I walked up to the venue entrance, nervous as hell to meet James, but also really excited to see Ben again. I wasn't let in at first, I thought I was going to have to just go home, but thankfully I was saved by a rather attractive man. "Let her in mate, it's alright" The man said in a thick english accent, I smiled at him as the guards stepped aside, letting me in. "Thanks for that" I mumbled, he smiled at me and he looked really nervous. "I um, I'm James" he stuttered out quietly. Oh my god, wow, okay, I was not expecting James to be this attractive. "Oh, hey, um, yeah, I-I'm Cea" I stuttered, wow, way to go Cea, real bang up job you did there. We walked in an awkward silence until we came to a dressing room, with a piece of paper taped to it, with "ASKING ALEXANDRIA" written in bold lettering.

"Cea, hey how've you been, love?" Ben exclaimed jumping up and prancing over to me to give me a hug. I giggled shaking my head slightly, he's still the hyper, overly-childish, Ben that I know. "Hey, Ben, I've been doing good, I see your band's been doing well" I stated, he smiled brightly and nodded going back over to his spot on the couch, grabbing his red solo cup,(haha get it like that country song,,,[i hate country music tbh]) great barely six o'clock and he's already drunk. We hung out for a little bit, until the show started. The guys looked like they were having fun, which made a fun and enjoyable experience for those of us watching the show. The show lasted for about an hour, and all in all it was a great show, and a good way to spend a sunday evening.

After the show James and I got a minute to talk without the guys around, as they had gone out to get some drinks. "So, I really like you, and it'd be really nice if you went out with me, for a cup of tea, or something?" he asked, he spoke at a rapid pace, and his voice shook. Aw, he's nervous, how cute. I smiled at him, offering a short reply in a quiet voice, "I'd like that".

*whoosh wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff*

My date with James went smoothly, as one could imagine, and now we've been dating for about six months and I am currently touring with him, but it's not the glamorous life everyone would expect.

I sighed, looking out the window of the bus. Sometimes I get really homesick whilst out on the road. While I may have my wonderful boyfriend, James, with me, it's still just unsettling to be constantly moving about. "Hey, love, what're you doing?" James asked sitting down next to me, kissing my cheek. "Nothing" I breathed out sitting back against the couch and staring at the couch opposite the one we were sitting on. He looked concerned as he studied my face, looking for a sign of some kind of emotion. "You look like you need some tea and cuddles" he stated, I said nothing in response, just sighedand stayed sitting there.

James left me on the couch stepping back into the bunk area. About an hour later the bus pulled over into a hotel parking lot. James came out scooping me up and carrying me into the hotel. He went up to the concierge and gave his last name, the lady gave him a room key and James set off towards the elevator, with me still in his arms. When we got up to the hotel room James grabbed the duvet and wrapped it around me, placing me in his lap.

He called room service and ordered a cup of tea, with milk, he put on a stupid chick-flick, sitting with me up until the tea came. When the staff person knocked, James got up going over to the door, and opening it. He thanked the lady, bringing the mug over to me and placing me in his lap again. James held me all day, kissing me here and there, putting on random movies of all genres. He was there for me all day, and he understood my issues, he knew he couldn't just make it all go away, but he cared and he was there for me. He let me know that I wasn't alone, and sometimes I wonder how I ended up with such an amazing boyfriend.
------------------------/////-----------------------
Ew okay I'm really sorry allergic-to-life this was really shit and jumpy, I may rewrite it or I may write you another just to kind of say sorry, but yeah this is it, the thing that I wrote. (It's actually like 12:10 now so it technically is Sunday, but we're just gonna pretend that I uploaded it on Saturday like I said ok? Ok) um but yeah, vote comment and share I guess. SO THAT IS ALL FOR THIS ONE MY GUYS/GALS/NON BINARY PALS, PLEASE REQUEST SOME THINGS AND YEAH
(btw the bold things throughout the one-shot are just random thoughts idk, I'm weird) ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO STATE THAT I AM NOT ROMANTICIZING DEPRESSION, I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS NOT CURABLE BECAUSE A PERSON CAME INOT YOUR LIFE, I SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION I WOULD KNOW, I SIMPLY INCLUDED IT BECAUSE WHILST IT MAY NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY CURE YOUR DEPRESSION, IT HELPS TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE IS THERE AND THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE OK? OK! [Also feel free to message me if you ever need to talk about anything, my DMs are always open :)]