CHAPTER 2

Three months have already passed since the incident. I haven't talked since but I've been in Leo's arms every second of it.

He was worried about me a lot. I wasn't eating normally and all I ever did was shake my head yes or no or shrugged my shoulders.

I never talked to my dad or Leo after the incident they always tried to get me to talk but it never worked.

We stayed in the meadow and when I got tired I spent the night at Leo's. It's been 5 weeks since I've seen my dad.

We've seemed to seperate probably because of not talking. Leo has been trying to teach me sign language but I just won't cooperate.

He just wanted some way to communicate but I couldn't budge. He left for an hour so I decided to take a quick shower. When I got out I put a undershirt with a knitted sweater over, slipped my rusty red skinny jeans on with my sneakers and went to the peach tree in the meadow.

When I got there I opened a picnic basket that was hanging from the branches. When I opened it a note drifted out.

I bent over and picked it up it read

"This is some fruits and sandwiches if y'all get hungry while I'm at work.

-Cynthia"

Cynthia was Leo's mom and I guessed that she didn't know he had left. I did feel a little hungry since all I had before bed was a piece of coffee cake that Cynthia had made.

I reached into the basket and pulled out a bowl of cut up peaches mixed with apple slices grapes and pit less cherries. Cynthia knew that I had a love for fruit she also knew everything about me.

She knew I loved fruits, anything coffee, over sized sweaters/sweatshirts with skinny jeans, and she also knew I was obsessed with books.

After, eating slices of peaches and chewing on a cherry, after swallowing I heard a truck door slam.

Leo had finally came back so when he ran to the peach tree with his right arm behind his back I kissed him on the cheek.

After, I had given him a questioning look he pulled a brown old fashioned book from behind his back. He handed it to me with a smile an when I opened it the pages were empty like an author had forgot to come up with words.

"It's a journal for you to write in." He said gently while pulling his jacket closed a little tighter. "I've heard it helps to get things off your mind and to release how you feel."

I gave him a smile and with a quick peck on the lips we walked over to the tree sat down and he handed me a brand new styled pen that he had just bought as well.

When I clicked the pen I opened the journal and started to write. While I was writing I could see Leo in the corner of my eye rummaging threw the picnic basket and reading the note after stuffing his face with a chicken sandwich with BBQ sauce dripping down the sides.

It was Leo's favorite thing to eat when we hung out. While I continued to write I saw him lean towards me eyeing the pages but I quickly leaned over kinda turning myself away.

"I promise I won't read it." He said with a big blob of sauce running down his chin. I clicked the pen closed the book and leaned over to grab a napkin for him.

"Thank you" he said grinning at me. Even though I didn't talk our relationship got closer and closer as if nothing ever happened and I had been this way since we met.

He wiped his mouth swallowed and then leaned in with a passionate kiss. When he released for air he said my favorite words.

"I love you"