14

song// lies-marina and the diamonds
2:54 PM

"michael just be honest with me. did you know luke was dating someone else?" aria's lip quivered as if she was about to burst into tears once again for the third time during this facetime call.   she was going to burst into tears honestly.  it seemed like michael didn't answer for a full hour, but it was only a minute.   lucky for her because anything over a minute would've made her cry again.

"yes, but i tried to tell you. luke interfered each time."  michael frowned and played with his fingers.  he ever so desperately wanted to wipe away the running mascara that was beginning to dry on her cheeks.

"why didn't you just text me it, michael?   i could've been over this heartbreak of a dumb boy who I knew wasn't good for me anyway," aria seemed to just keep blaming michael for what was happening to her.  the victim card seemed to always be her best game.  the sad part was, she never knew she was victimizing herself.

michael went silent a turned his head so he wasn't facing the iphone camera. he let out a shaky breath and didn't answer.

"one last thing...did he really care about me?  I asked him so many times and each time he said he did.  I am struggling to believe it now."

"yes! oh god aria if you thought he didn't. everyday he would talk to me about you, every single fucking day. you always ask that fucking question, always!  why can't you understand he loves you so damn fucking much!"  michael snapped and aria didn't know if she should feel upset or worried because she could've angered him.

"Then why'd he leave me,"

"He said he loved you too much and needed someone else to be with,"  michael lied knowing it was simply because he didn't want her anymore, " now, it's fathers day, go have fun with your dad, aria."

michael continued to play with his fingers.  Before he looked up with instant regret.

something about the lost look in her puffy, red, bloodshot blue eyes made the redhead immediately realize what he had just shouted at the poor heartbroken girl, "i'm so sorry, aria. i forgot," 

"yea, at least one of us can.  everyone fucking leaves.  all these girls on social media and in books constantly say that, and it's usually never true.  i on the other hand have lost everyone except you and my sister.  hell, why don't you just leave me too?" the careless words escaped from aria's swollen lips and she conjured up the crazy idea that that was the reason why people always left her.  why would someone want to deal with her constant negative energy?  they, especially these boys, could fill their lives with so much joy and positivity.  the joy and positivity they deserve.

aria looks down, would he notice if she just broke out into tears? he seemed oblivious to everything at the moment.  he was in such deep thought and it seemed to be eating him alive.

"why did he post that picture with her. why are they in front of the fucking castle, the goddamn disney castle i finally saved up to see. he said he couldn't go. he's supposed to be in new york in just two days."

"he wanted to see you, so we're here."

"well....i don't want to see him." she shed a couple of tears. "i'm on my period, why couldn't he just tell me this last week. if he told me last week that he didn't love me I might've realized how much of a bad bitch I am and I don't need a boy. i would've been a little better and not as emotional."

"sorry baby girl."

aria smirked, "i have an idea."

"luke's back just text me,"

aria: you're going to be my 'boyfriend'

daddy: oh nonononono

aria: oh yesyesyesyes

daddy: ariaaa

aria: michaeeeelllll

aria: we just have to kiss and pretend were dating and i'll occasionally go to your hotel room and i'll look so cute and everything

aria: my highlight will be bright enough to blind that bitch

daddy: i think the hotel might have highlighters, do you want the yellow ones?

aria: ok nevermind

aria: just please do this for me michaelll

michael: did you forget i'm famous

aria: did you forget that-

michael: ...

aria: shit you're right

michael: life is too short i'll do it, what color are you dying your hair

aria: how did you know i was going to

michael: cause i once heard luke say it'd be hot if you dyed your hair beach blonde one day

michael: and the first time I ever dyed my hair was when I was 16 and upset about something similar to this.

aria: well i want blue hair so

michael: wear tight clothes because i want enjoyment out of this too

aria: youre gross ew

aria: why are you so in on this idea

michael: bc you're my hot friend with a great body who is making me be her boyfriend

aria: i changed your contact name to michael just bc

michael: yooo

michael: the bitch walked in and said i should tan sometime

michael: you better kiss the fuck out of me in three days

michael: i swear to god she's still talking

michael: she just kissed lukes cheek and took a picture

aria looked at the words on her screen. she clicked the accept button on michaels incoming call and was greeted by an artificial (now) redhead signaling her to be quiet. she nodded and just hit the mute button.

"please don't post that, alaska, baby girl."

"i swear i meant to save it!" alaska looked into his eyes. aria started laughing. luke had no idea how bad he was going to feel for leaving her.

aria mouthed a devilish 'go along with it' to michael and he nodded.

"hey mikey, what's up," aria got off mute and tried her best to keep a straight face.  she didn't do that bad.

"luke and alaska are in here, princess. let me just go to the other room."

michael smirked at luke's confused expression. it was difficult to hold in his chuckle when alaska looked mad at him for looking that way.

michael closed the door and set down his phone.

 "now lets dye your hair."