Chapter 4

My schedule seemed pretty normal for a high school freshman. My father didn't want me to die in football, and I didn't really want to get smushed. I tried out for baseball, I got tan, then mom covered me in baseball hats that I wear backwards. But everything was pretty basic, English with Ms. Burgess, I have no idea if she is married, Geometry but who likes math, Biology, Michiko loves any type of science, Spanish with a person named Hala, then Grandpa Cory for History, and baseball. Our coach is a guy named Billy, and he likes me, still talks with my dad apparently.

            I have Michiko for about five classes, Mason for all of them, and Alexa for three. Ironic that I have Mason for good classes. He is like Aunt Maya in that way, but he is kinda more like Josh, he likes working but is lazy. Hey, he's got me and Mich.

Alexa: What are you thinking about, you and a girl?

Huh, oh, uh, no just thinking about Mason's work ethic.

Mason: Aw, that's sweet.

Shut up dude. Wait, where's Michiko?

              We all turn around and scan the vicinity for Mich, and we can't find her. You would think she would be tall considering Uncle Farkle is 6'2, but since Aunt Smackle is still kind of small, Mich came out the short one.

Michiko!!!!

Michiko: DOWN HERE!

Alexa: How'd you get down there???

Mason: She's tiny, isn't she always down there?

Stop it, do you need help?

Michiko: I might. My books fell down the stairs.

I'll get them.

           As I walk down the stairs, I see three very tall people in front of me. I pick up her books and turn around slowly.

Woah.

Guy: Hey, freshmen.

*turns slowly and points at myself*

*whispers* me?

Girl 1: Yes, you.

Oh, hi.

Girl 2: You're a pretty boy, what's your name blondie?

Uhm, my name is Lucas.

Mason: Dude, come on.

Guy: I don't think Lucas is your name.

Michiko: Because it's not. Ryder, what are you doing?

Alexa: Uhm, what do you guys want from us?

The guy walks straight up to me, and is a few inches taller than me. Get in the hole.

Mason: I'm sorry, the hole? Is that your armpit?

The girls end up walking to Mason, one on each of his sides. Then they both spoke.

Both: Shut up.

Mason: You guys should do that because your breath smells like you've been eating the garlic and onion chips in the vending machine. Look, I don't care who you are or what you say, but we are not going into some hole, be it your armpit or the hole of garlic those two call mouths. We don't know what you want to do but again, I don't really care. Now if you'll excuse us, we have our first day of high school to go to.

He grabbed all of us and we walked off into another direction.

Dude that was so cool!!!!! Oh my gosh, how did you do that, what if that guy comes back for u. Dude, wait, they could track us down. DUDE THAT WAS AWESOME-

Mason: Ryder, breathe.

Alexa: Is he always like that?

Mich: Pretty much yeah. Why?

It's cute, isn't it?

Alexa: You could say that.

Our eyes kinda look at each other for a few seconds before Mason makes me turn back around. The day isn't as hard as I thought it would be, until we get to Grandpa Cory's class.