February

Dear Sarah,

How are you? I hope you're doing fine. Better than me, at least.

I've just lost my job. But I can hardly blame my boss. It's entirely my fault. I just couldn't bring myself to do something as mundane as going to work everyday. It's tiring and I need to sort out my thoughts. I need to sort myself out.

But I don't know how to do that, Sarah. I don't know what to do. I don't know where to start. I really wish you were by my side right now. You'd know exactly what to do. You'd be able to calm my racing mind with just a kiss on my lips.

And I've never felt more alone on Valentine's Day. I know I told you I never fancied the 14th of February, but ever since I've met you, that day just gives me another excuse to go all out and show you exactly how much I love you.

And I know you hate it. You hate the cheesiness and the stares but I also know you enjoy the affection.

I was going to bring you to the restaurant on the boat by the river this year. I was going to bring you a bouquet of lavenders and jasmines and white roses. Your favourite flowers. You never could choose between those three.

I was going to dedicate a song to you, Just the Way You Are, possibly the most cheesy song that'll ever be dedicated to you, and we were going to dance on the deck, me in my suit, you in your gorgeous dress, and it didn't matter if everyone was staring at us, because every time we are together, the whole world melts away and it's just you and me.

Oh, Sarah. You don't know what I'd give to have you here.

I wish you didn't have to go so quickly.

But it doesn't matter. I'm sure we'll be together again soon. I'll never leave you, Sarah. I know I've said it time and time again and you're probably sick of hearing it but I swear on my life that I will never leave you.

I'll see you soon.

Love,

Blake

___

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you are all enjoying the story so far. It's not going to be very long. It'll be twelve entries, or a whole year, and an epilogue. I really love the idea of this story and I really am enjoying the writing process. I hope you love it as much as I love writing it.

Fun fact: Sarah and Blake are actually characters of a half written novel called 'Light Before Dark' that I wrote for NaNoWriMo in 2012 but never got around to finishing it nor posting it.