venus 13

the empress sits on a throne, her hair topped by a crown of stars that shine brighter than the life she brings. her alignment with venus renders her of beauty, of love, and of riches. she nurtures all, mother-like some would say, growing life by the field of grains beneath her. the scepter she holds close indicts the power she emits, new creation a production of her grace.

death rides in on a single horse, portrayed by a work of skeletal bones. those unlucky enough to cross his path descend to the ground, their bodies dropping as if the life within them have vanished. the armor on his bones show his invincibility, his grit. be it that, it is grit indeed that convinces him to visit the queen of those who live.

the empress watches carefully, though she is not intimidated by his presence. the banner he waves is dark and cryptic, the bodies laying by his side are dead and gone. the scorpio that he worships is a stinger, ruled by the 13 moons in a year. his intentions are as clear as day, however, she does not see it as so.

he is misunderstood and that she knows. those who glance assume that he is simply what his name states—death. an end to something that once was. she, however, takes note of how much life he truly emits.

the horse he sits upon is white and pure, innocence and beauty stitched upon the delicate flower that covers his dark and cryptic banner. he represents the end, that much is sure, but what comes from an end is a new beginning. he is of creation, a vital change that brings much opportunity.

he is the reality of the world and what is to come, she is the pursuit of pleasures and what keeps us light. as opposite as they are, those around assume it will bring nothing but misfortune, but they do not understand the true meaning they hold within. together, they indicate the end of something to create another, for he is death and she is the empress.

---

a little sneak peek/teaser thing to start us off. i hope the title of the story makes a little more sense now. if you're confused, this was their tarot cards meeting, if that makes any sense. just a cute lil story that i hope i didn't mess up.

i don't have photoshop so you'll have to deal with my crappy edits!

first chapter will be published very soon, i promise <3

- L