4: did you steal hers?

so, apparently the whole situation with who has the real stick isn't really explained well and is more on how anyone interprets it on their own. no one knows the exact answer, so i'm just going to go on my own theory :-)

should i start asking questions in every chapter to get to know you guys better? i'd really love to, but let me know if you agree!

---

Walter provides us with a place to sleep by ordering his guards to escort us down a few floors and shove us into two different hotel rooms across from each other, one for the boys and one for Lula and me. After aggressively pushing us inside, they shut the door rather loudly, leaving Lula and me in silence for a short second. I awkwardly smile at her, shrugging before catching the gaping look on her face. She looks completely amazed, gazing at her surroundings as if she were Cinderella on the night of the ball.

"Sweet," she says, softly laughing as she begins to stroll around the room. "No pun intended."

I slowly spin around in a circle, catching as much of the hotel suite as I possibly can in one look. It's rather extravagant, but I must admit that I'm looking forward to snoozing off on the king sized bed to my right. It's only a few feet away from a full size window, the buildings of Macau all glowing in neon colors on the other side. The room has everything someone would need to live in it forever: a sizeable bathroom, a working kitchen, and a plasma TV downloaded with Netflix, or Hulu for those who have a preference.

"Not bad," I whisper, impressively nodding my head. "Spoiling us with fancy hotel accommodations to make up for kidnapping us. Real sneaky, Walter."

Lula runs her fingertips over the marble countertops of the kitchen. "Must feel nice to be rich."

My mind can't stop to assume that maybe she's throwing shade at me, even though she clearly doesn't say it to offend me. She continues prancing around the room, falling back on the fluffy couch and practically melting into it.

I force a smile. "Well, we might as well take advantage of it. I'm sure there's a restaurant or something downstairs. Let's go and grab a bite."

Lula figures out how to turn on the television, paying little attention to my suggestion. "Are we even allowed to?"

"We better be. I haven't eaten in hours and if this son of a bitch thinks I'm going to steal the stick for him on an empty stomach, he is mistaken." I strut to the door, opening it only to be met with a large guard standing in the way. I smile sarcastically when he turns around, patting his back rather forcefully. "Walter doesn't kid around with the whole hostage thing, huh? Fine, room service it is."

After shutting the door right in the guard's face, I figure out what to dial on the phone to connect myself to room service. Lula and I end up ordering more than we know the both of us can handle, but we enjoy ourselves as we do. In the next two hours or so, we find ourselves helplessly laughing at each other with nicely prepared food lying around us on the king sized bed.

"I really hope he doesn't make us wake up early," Lula says, laying back on the decorative pillows. "I hope by morning he meant...like 11 or something."

"It probably won't be 11." I laugh, placing my empty plate on the carpeted floor. I copy her actions and lay myself down, staring up at the white ceiling with my mind in a late hour daze. "I just can't seem to really process anything that's happened in the last few hours. I mean, working with the Horsemen again? It just doesn't seem real."

"Were you close with them?" Lula asks.

"I was, but only after a year had gone by. In the beginning, everyone sort of hated each other. Well, almost everyone."