Chapter 1

6 years ago.

I lived a perfect a life, with 2 brothers, and rich parents. I didn’t live on the suburbs but, I lived on the upper east side of New York city. It was different, I was the popular kid next door, with a mansion, maids, drivers, and a limousine. I got everything I wanted, all the toys, the gadgets, even the master’s bedroom. It was different to be the youngest amongst the three, it felt great, I felt like the princess of the Roseclift family. When I grow up I wished to be a film maker and study at NYU, and marry the son of a rich man.

Even walking along the malls, I’d catch the attention of so many people, with the way I gallantly dress. My two handsome brothers were the heartthrob of the school, a lot of girls were trying to catch their attention but, they were just trying hard sluts. In the end, I would watch girls walk of the bathroom with their mascaras all messed up indicating that, they were all—rejected.

In highschool, I became part of the cheering squad, and would compete for the local and national championships. I had the life a lot of my classmates wanted to have, I had the brothers most of the girls wanted to get, I had the parents my friends could never have had. I lived a life of luxury and fame.

My “miss popular life” all changed one Wednesday evening. When the Upper East Side was all quiet, and we were all sitting at the dining table, no one talking just stares of sadness and anger. I couldn’t take it any longer and so I shrieked to the top of my lungs.

What on earth is the freakin’ matter with ya’ll!!!

Dearest go up to your room.

I won’t go up to my room, unless one of you tells me what is going on.

Harry bring your sister to her room please, Loui stay here.

NO! I’M STAYING DOWN HERE WITH YOU ALL. NOW, TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON.

Deep breaths beautiful, relax.

Harry bring your sister up now please.

Mommy I’m staying down here, Harry stay seated.

Alicia Maria Roseclift, go up to your room right now.

I can’t argue with my mom anymore because she just proclaimed to the whole entire house my fascinating name.  When my brother closed the room of my door I silently walked to the hallway. I listened to their whole entire argument, while loui sat down at his chair without a single clue.  

That night I realized that my princess life was veiled by so many lies. My parents aren’t legally married, I’m adopted, Loui has a different mother, and Harry was the legal son. My parents fought about my dad going back with the mother of Loui. I was pretty much disappointed, and that night, I instantly became an adult.

I had to pretend like I never knew any of what was happening between my parents and loui, not until the arguments became constant, and it happened every night. The same old routine, Harry would bring me to my room, and Loui would sit and listen to my parents argue. After a few more weeks of listening to the crap of my family, I would slip out of the house late at night, and sleep at a friend’s house, or stick around the park. Then one day, I decided to never come back to the house again.