Chapter 1 how it started

chapter 1 How It Started

my alarm clock woke me up to another morning of foggy skies and the silence of the beginning of another dreadful day at school. I never miss the bus I always get there a little to early but today I missed it. I saw it leaving and didn't even chase after it.

I kinda just..

stood there...

I walked back to my house to have my mom drive me to school. I was just on time walking through the front gate as the bell rang. The lady at the gate was rushing me to class.I passed a class on the way to mine that had this guy named Max. Not just any guy though. He hung out with my group of friends, but we didn't talk. Well actually i didn't.. That's only because I liked him though.

*

I took my seat and kinda doze off after putting my head phones in. The bell rang & my jaw dropped a little when i realized i had been zoned out all 1st period.I grabbed my bag and walked out of class to see a little group of guys standing by a tree next to the lunch area.

The whole time walking I had my eyes focused on Max and how his laugh echoed in my mind and how his dimples were placed perfectly on that face of his. Everything about him just stood out to me and right when my soul saw him it kinda went

"oh there you are. I've been looking for you.."

"Okay Bailey you can do this just talk to him you'll do fine .!"

I told myself that to try to keep my

self-esteem from getting any lower if that's even possible. I walked up to the small group of boys standing in an open spot in there circle. After standing there a bit I noticed some of them staring at me. My head shot down to starting at the ground to cover my nervoused face and rossy cheeks. I finally looked up after hearing one of them let out a small laugh. They were all staring at me including Max. my mouth parted a little bit before I bit my bottom lip shutting myself up before I said something stupid. Dylan finally broke the silence.

"We are all gonna be late to class. Talk to you guys later!"

we all said our good byes before hurrying off to our next class. In 2nd-5th period we didn't have anything to do so I just read the whole time.

"The Fault in our Stars" is such a good book I thought to myself.

"Why can't I find my Augustus?" I said mumbling under my breath with a frown then went back to reading..