Chapter 4 new neighbor

chapter 4 New Neighbor

I woke up around 1:30 in the afternoon to the sound of the beeping of a backing up truck. I looked out my bed room window to see a moving truck in a front of the house next door. I could also see some boxes through the window of the room right across from mine. I went to the bath room and looked in the mirror before splashing some cold water on my face to wake me up. My hair didn't look to bad , but I put it into a bun and walked down stairs to get something to eat since my stomach sounded like a dieing whale from only taking about two bites of my dinner last night. I rushed down the stairs holding my stomach.

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOM IM HUNGRY CAN Yo-"

I turned the corner into the living room to see that Max and im guessing his mom and dad were the ones sitting next to him on our couch either way they were all starring at me. He had a smile on his face , but I wasn't sure if he was smiling cause it was me or the fact that I was in my pajamas and wearing giant fuzzy socks.

"Oooh uh hi" I said with a confused and embarrassed look on my face.

"Bay come meet our new neighbors.! You'll have to excuse Bailey she's kind of lazy" she whispered loud enough for me to still hear.

"MOM!"

"Okay sorry sorry! Why don't you go get ready Bay and I will make us all some lunch!" She said smiling.

I rushed back up stairs to my room and rummaged through my messy drawers. I put on some old faded jeans and a v-neck and quickly started straightening my hair.

*

Max's POV.

"Come on Maxy we are going next door to meet our new neighbors"

"As long as you promise not to call me Maxy while we are there mom"

"Fine hurry and get your father and we will go"

"Ok"

We walked over to the neighbors house my mom rang the door bell. A nice woman named Beth answered the door and invited us in. My mom and Beth were in the middle of a conversation when they were interrupted by the loud voice of a girl. My eyes opened wide when I realized it was Baileys voice. She turned the corner into the living room and came to a stop.

"Oooh uh hi" she said with a confused look on her face and she was kinda red too.

Her mom started talking to mine again but I paid no attention to them I just sat there starring at Bailey with a smile on my face. I think she saw me but I didn't care I still sat there smiling at her. Then she ran back up stairs to change after her mom told her to and took us to the kitchen to sit at the table as she made us some lunch.

"Sorry to interrupt your cooking , but where is your bathroom?" I didn't have to go but I needed as excuse to go look for Bailey.

"The one down stairs isn't working right now but there is one upstairs on the right side" she said smiling at me then went back to her cooking.

"Okay thanks" I quickly walked up stairs.

I got to the top of the staircase to find four doors down there hallway . I opened one door that ended up being the bathroom and another that had ended up being Beth's room I assumed.

*

Baileys POV.

While sitting doing my hair I heard doors opening and closing in the hallway so I got up to check it out. I slowly opened my door to see Max opening the door to the hall closet.

"Looking for something" I said teasing him

"Oh! H-hi Bailey... I was just looking for uh-"

"For?"

"The uh bath room"

"It's that way" I said pointing to the right side of the hallway.

"Thanks , but I don't really have to go anymore."

I gave him a weird look before laughing.

"Okay well do you want to sit in here? I'm just about done getting ready"

"Sure" he said a little to anxiously

I sat there finishing up my hair sitting in silence I finally said something.

"So your my new neighbor interesting.. You know we haven't had neighbors in that house for a while now."

"Really why"

"The people who lived there last died in there"

"Wait are you serious?!" He said in a scared voice.

"No!"I said letting out a laugh.

I pulled a brush through my hair while He got up to look out my window.

"Hey! Your window is right across from mine!"

I looked over at him smiling "really that's so cool we could like talk to each other from our windows like in movies!" I said in a joking manner

He laughed when suddenly there was a knock at my bedroom door and then it swung open. It was my mom.

"There you two are! Lunch is ready come down stairs!"