Chapter 5 close for comfort

chapter 5 Close For Comfort

We sat down at the table and ate the chicken salad my mother had made. His dad had gotten a call from work and had to leave so our moms started an endless conversation on what color Carla should paint there new living room. Me and Max sat there silently sharing short eye contact from time to time.

"you two don't have to sit here and listen to us go on and on about paint. Go do something!" My mom said

"Okay" I got up and went to the cupboard above the fridge and grabbing a huge bag of mini Reese's.

I started walking up stairs but stopped and look over at Max.

"Well are you coming or not"

"Oh ya" He got up and walked behind me to my room.

"Want some?" I said not turning my attention away from the tv.

"sure" he said grabbing a handful.

"So what do you wanna do?" I asked

We ended up making a blanket fort and talking to each other till later that night just about funny embarrassing things that had happened to us. He had almost as many awful moments as me! He told me about how in kinder garden Lilly Evans pulled down his pants during show n tell revealing everything and how people still bring it up from time to time..He told me so many other things and as did I. We talked about our favorite music and shared bands. We took millions of pictures that I don't think I will ever delete. We ended the day watching the breakfast club but he ended up falling asleep before it ended in the fort. I sat there for a while looking at him as he peacefully slept laying of my favorite pillow. He had a little piece of hair in his face and I brushed it away with my fingers. He must have felt it cause he smiled in his sleep which reveled his dimples then he turned over.

I got up and uploaded all the photos we had taken to my laptop and printed my favorite one of us. We had set the camera up outside the fort and set the timer he had one arm around me and used the other to tickle me. I was laughing in the pictures a good laugh. A laugh I haven't had in a while since my dad had left. He was staring at me with his big brown eyes in the picture, and it just had the perfect mood to it everything about it was amazing. Everything about tonight was amazing. I took the frame next to my bed that had a picture of me and my dad a few months before he had left us. I switched it with the one of me and Max and set the fame back down next to my bed and smiled at it..

I went back Into the fort and laid next to Max a good length away from him. I heard my door open a little bit it was my mom , but I pretended like I was asleep and she just left us there. Once she closed my door I put my head phones in and listened to my music.

*music*

"am I sleep am I awake or some where In between-

I can't believe that you are here and Liein next to me-

And all those sleepless nights and daydreams where I pictured this-

And somehow you caved all my walls in-"

*music*

I sang under my breath not noticing.

Suddenly I felt a warm rush though my body as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Good night Bay" he said whispering to me..

It was such a great feeling and I knew right then and there I was never gonna forget this day...I was never gonna forget him..

I fell asleep seconds later...