A Night to Never Forget

Gaara put his blanket around her and sat her in front of the fireplace. He knew that if you fell asleep in the cold it wasn't good. "Hinata! Hey, Hinata! wake up please.."  He whispered, yelled at her, no response from her he bit his bottom lip and was about to cry. Hinata's eyes started to open he smiled with joy and hugged her tight.  "Ga-Gaara-Kun?"

"Hinata! I was so worried about you!" He buried his head into Hinata's shoulder, She slowly reached her arms around him and held him tight. "Why do you care so much about me?" He sat back and looked at her and gave her a half smile "Every time I saw you, you just brightened up my day..." He realized what he said and looked away blushing. "H-how?"

"Mmm" Gaara sat crisscross in front of her and looked into his lap his bangs fell over his face, but she can tell he was blushing "Please tell me..."

"You're just really beautiful, and kind, and smart, and I don't know....Ugh! I don't even know what I'm saying just forget it!" He looked over and noticed her damp clothes "Oh! I almost forgot You need to get out of those clothes off..."

"W-what!" Hinata's face turned bright red and she held her clothes tight. Gaara turned and grabbed some clothes he had next to him. "Yeah...I don't want you to get sick, I have to warm you up."

"I-If it's what you want..." Hinata started at her jacket and pulled it off but before she could go for her dress Gaara handed her a sweatshirt and pants. "Here...I'm going to get something in my room, be done changing when I get back." He stood up and walked away, Hinata's blush faded and she let out some air. 'I'm such a perv...' She thought as she took everything off. 

Gaara came back downstairs with a thicker blanket, he blushed a little see her in his clothes and smiled. "You warm yet?"

"A-almost..." 

"Maybe some tea will warm you up to-"

"Actually could you cuddle with me?" His face turned bright red and so did Hinata. "I-I mean! T-T-That's not what I m-meant! I heard body H-heat helps stay w-warm! and I didn't m-mean cuddle! w-we can hug i-i-if you-" Before she could finish Gaara took his shirt off "Ahh! Y-y-y-you don't have to d-do this i-if you don't want t-to!" He sat on the floor and held her close to him while putting the blanket around them. "You're really adorable...you know that?" she rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. "You smell warm..." he looked at her confused 'what the fuck does that mean?!'

"Is that a good thing?" She nodded, it was a smell that her mother smells like...She can't really explain how people smell warm but she knew it was a good thing...A really good thing. "Gaara?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for not talking to you after you beat up Sasuke..."

"I understand...you were scared of me..." 

"I...I wasn't scared of you, I was scared of what you've done...I don't like violence at all..." 

"I'm sorry..." there was another silence all you could hear was the crackle of the fire. "Gaara?

"hm?" 

"I think...I like, like you" He was half asleep but this woke him up "I get it if you don't fee-"

"No, I-" Gaara paused when he shifted himself he felt something weird from under her shirt. He looked over at her clothes she laid out to draw and saw her bra hanging. His face turned bright red and back away from her. "What's wrong?" He looked away and mumbled something "What?" he mumbled again "Gaara, I can't hear you!" 

"You're not wearing a bra...." Hinata started to blush now, she used her arms to cover herself up and looked away "S-Sorry..."

"It's okay!"    There was another silence so he got up and grabbed two pillows from the couch and handed one to Hinata. "We should sleep..." She nodded taking the pillow as she laid in front of the fire, Gaara laid next to her. "Thank you for protecting me..." she said before she fell into deep sleep. He heard her but didn't say anything because he was too tired. They slept next to each other until Hinata uncousinly laid on Gaara with her leg wrapped around his and her arm and head on his chest. Gaara unconsciously put his arm around her and rubbed her leg with the other.