Chapter 11: Lost Without You

Monday Morning
Philly, PA

Nicki sat in the styling chair in cosmetology class running her fingers through the mannequins hair and gazing out the window. She hadn't spoken to Meek since he walked out last night and was processing all her new discoveries.

Nyla : "What's wrong with you? You been extra quite today. Usually I can't get you to shut up."

Nicki: "it's nothing girl" (wiping a tear from her eye)

Nyla: "Nicki! What's going on??!"

Nicki: "it's Millions"

She said simply . She didn't want to cry she just wanted to take deep breaths and get through the day.

Nyla: "Oh God ..what did he do?"

Nicki: "Not what he DID... (She sighed) what he does.. "

Nyla: "he sell drugs don't he??"

Nicki: "no I wish ... (Rolling her eyes) he's a pimp.."

Nyla: "A what ?!" (Her voice shrieked)

Their teacher Ms.Moses heard the commotion and walked over to them.

Ms.Moses: "Ms.Maraj chairs are for clients not stylists. Do you want to be a professional or a person that "do hair" (she scoffed)"

Nicki slowly got up and placed the mannequin on the holder.

Nicki: "A professional (she mumbled)"

Ms.Moses: "Well then stay focused your signature hair color is due Friday."

Nicki: "Okay"

Ms.Moses walked away and Nicki rolled her eyes.

Nicki: "but anyway yes he's a pimp .. Remember those girls from the club!? Yea... He sent the girl Ruby to "teach Me" and I'm sitting there looking like the Mr.Krab meme."

Nyla: (giggles) Teach you? Teach you what?!"

She laughed and Nicki joined her

Nicki: "Exactly! But now Im like so fucked up and confused... I can't do anything but think of him. When he walked out last night I swear my heart crumbled! Everything was so perfect Ny"

Nyla: "awww (she hugged her) Unfortunately most of the time when things are too good to be true they usually are. That's part of life ... You wish,hope and dream for something and it falls down in front of you."

Nicki: "Way to make me feel better" (she mumbled sarcastically)

She rolled her eyes and Nyla just shrugged her off.

Nyla: "It's the truth atleast your smart ... Go to college you don't need him."

Nicki: "I do take the SAT in a few weeks... But I haven't even though of college .. I hate school .. I never thought it was for me"

Nyla : " You smart as hell Nicki . College definitely for you . "

Her phone vibrated on the counter and it was none other than Millions. Nicki nearly dropped the phone as she tried to pick it up off the counter

Nyla: " that him? I see the devil ears was burning"

Million$: "was sup ...I'm outside...come chop it with me"

Nicki read Nyla the text and she advised her not to go. She raised her hand for permission to leave anyway.