Two: You are so vain

Note: All characters, names, situations are fictitious.

OLIVIA POV

I was there sitting with him, I was looking at him carefully and I was really disappointed. I met him 2 weeks ago at the hospital. He came with Auba and Drum. They brought a check for 100.000 euros to our organization. We met them and I knew it since the first time I saw him. Shallow. But he insisted in having my number. I saw a hint of hope in his eyes so I gave it to him.

"And I am nominated to the best player from the Bundesliga this year. For fourth time consecutive." He said winking at me. Ugh.

I grew up in a big family, our parents taught us well and my grandparents and mom and dad always told us that we should be humble above everything and I value the teachings they gave us, to my brothers and myself.

"Congratulations on that." I said with a poor smile.

We kept talking, well, him. About his accomplishments and awards. I couldn't believe this, how people can be like this? I was just looking at him. He was good looking but his mind was ew.

We finished our meals and we did our way to the exit, he was walking behind me and I turned around to face him.

"The food was really good. I needed that, danke Marco." I said trying to smile.

"Anytime." He said.

"What are you doing tomorrow night?" He asked approaching to me but I didn't wanted to be close to him so I took one back.

He looked confused at me.

"I have shift tomorrow night." I replied to him, I was trying to hide my poker face.

"Ok fine, maybe Friday night then?" He asked a bit eagerly.

"I have shift that day too." I said serious.

"Are you sure? What about Satur- I didn't let him finish.

"I'm gonna have shift that day too. I'm sorry Marco." I said and turned around walking away from him.

How can't he notice?

"Wait, Olivia – He said and grabbed my arm forcing me to turned to look at him – I don't think that you'll have shifts those days-

"This isn't going anywhere." I said steady to him, I couldn't hide my anger.

"Are you ok?" He asked coming closer to me.

"I'm fine. But you're wrong, all of this, is wrong." I spoke truly

"What are you talking about?" He asked shocked.

"You, me, this is not gonna work-

"How do you know that for sure?" He asked a bit angry now.

"You are so vain and selfish. You just care about you. I can't be with someone like that." I said raising my voice.

He clearly was shocked, I could see it in his face, in his eyes. I was so angry and I wanted to cry but I couldn't let him see me.

"How can you say that? You don't even know me!" He said, he was upset.

"I don't need to. You are so shallow that it shows above your skin." I spoke frankly.

"So that's how you see me? Good, because I don't need nuns to be praising my food and telling lies about me." He was shouting at me

I shook my head and realized how lost he was, how vain and rude he was and how mistaken I was about him when I first consider to go out on a date with him.