Chapter 6

"You have your lunch with Mrs. Uy at 12pm. A teleconference with the VP of Icon Singapore at 2:45. At 4pm is the mock presentation of Genevieve's group for the Pop! Cream Soda campaign. 5pm you have a meeting with the Art department for the Fujitech campaign."

Leah took notes on her planner as she listened to Anna recite her schedule for the day. She shook her head.

"Tell Betsy to attend the Pop! Soda presentation and give me the detailed notes. Mark can lead the Fujitech meeting. They just need to approve the final design for the magazine print campaign. Siguro naman as head of the Art department kaya na ni Mark 'yon. Tell him I want the final print on my desk before he leaves the office. It should be the first thing I see when I get here in the morning. And tell Fifi that the meeting for the Social Media Strategy group of the Fujitech campaign will be at 9am tomorrow. If we have the print campaign done, I want the social media strategy polished so we can present everything to Fujitech ahead of schedule."

"Yes, ma'm." Anna jotted down notes on her iPad.

"If that's all then I can leave at 4pm. Thank you, Anna."

Anna left the room and Leah started writing down her errands. Since she was going to be done early she could stop by the house and take Junior off Manang Tiffany's hands for a few hours. Leah liked bonding with her godson and she knew that Manang Tiffany never asked for it but she appreciated the little breaks she could get from the kids. Also, there was no way Clark could ignore Leah if she had the baby. It was tricky though because the baby and Leah's forwardness was the reason that Clark started keeping his distance from her after the progress they had made while he was in Paris.

He had been back for a week now and they were back where they started when Leah first moved in. Sometimes she wondered if it was even worth it. Living in the same house as the man she loved only to have him treat her as an acquaintance...it was torture. Sometimes it hurt too much and she wondered if it would ever get better at all. But then Leah would lie awake at night and watch Clark as he slept beside her. She would remember what it was like to be alone in Dubai without him and knew that no pain could ever compare to that. She would think about all the things Clark endured for her. And Leah knew in her heart that she could never give up on him, no matter how much it hurt. Clark wasn't perfect by any means, but Leah knew that he was her other half, her soulmate. He made her the best version of herself and their love story was one worth fighting for.

I want her to find someone she loves so much that she will never let him go. Whoever he may be.

She remembered Clark's words from Lake Tahoe. He has no idea that he is that man for her...the person she loves so much that she could never let him go. But Leah is determined to show him. If she stays...if she persists...one day he'll believe it. And then he'll let her back in to his heart. And then she can ask him to marry her again, for real. And she'll walk down the aisle of a church to him, ready to spend the rest of her life with the man she loves more than anything in the world...

Leah snapped out of her daydream and slapped her cheeks lightly. "Ano ba Leah. Ang layo na narating ng isip mo."

After texting Manang Tiffany about Junior, Leah packed up her things for her lunch with Mrs. Uy. They were meeting at a restaurant that was not too far from the shop and if they wrapped up early enough Leah thought she might drop by and see Clark, maybe bring him something to eat from the restaurant. Leah's Grab Cab was waiting for her in front of the building thanks to Anna.

When she arrived at the restaurant she was shown to a table where Mrs. Uy was waiting.

"Hi Leah," she stood up and gave Leah a beso. "Thank you for joining me."