Chapter 5

*Mystery
" I can hear you breathing." I said letting her know that she wasn't being very discreet. I jiggled the doorknob one more time checking if she had already unlocked it. I took out my keys and unlocked the door.

*Alessia's pov*

I ran into the closet to the left of the weapons but didn't close it all the way so I could still see the man.

"Alessia," the man said," I'm your brother."

I slowly came out of the closet and I saw a face that I hadn't seen in so long. He had tan skin and green eyes. The same eyes that my mother had. The same dark brown hair and height  as my father's.

His voice. The voice I heard upstairs. It was him. The soft sweet caring voice was him.

"Josiah?," I choked out, my voice wavering and me trying not to let out the tears threatening to leave my eyes.

" You remember me. I thought you would forget about me, Alessia." He said.

" Why would I?," I said, almost in shock of seeing him after eight years.

"Do you remember when you were little, when dad was being horrible, I would tuck you to bed at night, or how you cried whenever I had to leave to school?," he said giving a sad smile. Faded memories of the past flooded back into my mind.

How could I ever forget him after what he did to me and what he left me with?

*Flashback*

"No, please don't leave me with him," I cried.

"I have to Alessia. Besides, Dad already hates me. He abused mom and now he abuses me. He scarred me just like he scarred mom. Alessia, I'm going to look for mom, and when I find her, I'm coming back for you. I promise." He replied.

I started sobbing hysterically and my brother pulled me into a bear hug.

"Why does everyone I love leave me?" I cried.

"It's not you," his expression became dim. "It's Dad."

"I'm gonna miss you, Josiah."

"I'm gonna miss you too," his expression softened. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and another hug. Then he left, like mom had just a year earlier.

*End of Flashback*

" It's me Alessia," he whispered sweetly. He held out his arms and I ran into them. I cried silently, reminiscing all the years he was gone.

"Joe?"

"Yeah?"

"You have to help me get out of here."

"No," Josiah said solemly.

"Why not? I swear if I don't escape soon he's gonna kill me?"

"I can't because..."

" Because what. Because you don't love me? Is that why? You know what. I hate you. I hate you for leaving me, for not helping me to escape and for everything you've done that has ever hurt me!" I yelled in rage.

"Alessia," Josiah said as his voice broke.

"You never came back for me Josiah. You left me alone with him." I said , my voice breaking.

Josiah tried saying something but I cut him continue my rant.

"But guess what? I don't care. I mean, did you ever realize that I was hurting and broken inside? Did you ever realize that Dad would abuse me every single night after you left? Did you ever realize that I felt alone every second of my life? Did you? No, you didn't. But you left me anyway right." I said with bitterness in every word.

" I didn't know," he whispered.

" How did you "not know" Josiah. You saw what he did to mom, and then mom left. When she left he did it to you. Did you think he would just become all sunshine and daisies after you left?? Why can't you help me out? After what you left me with all those years getting me out of there would make me hate you a little less."

I saw Josiah take a deep breath as if this news would break him if he said it out loud. This worried me. My last few days had been so bad an I really didn't want to hear any bad news. That is the last thing that I needed, but despite that, bad news is all that I got. "Because Alessia, I work for him. I work for Jason Mcann."

_____________________________________________________________________

Holaaaaa ppls. I'm back! :D So did you guys like the huge plot twist? 😎 I hope so c;

remember to vote and if we can get to 40 votes I'll post the next chapter 😌

Peace for now lovelies ✌️