Chapter 4

*Jason's pov*

The sounds of the firing gun rung in my ears.

He's dead, I thought to myself. I shot him about two more times then I left the murder scene. So, let me get you up to date one what's happening right now. I just killed Alessia's dad. He was getting in the way of me and Alessia, and I couldn't have knowing my whereabouts or I'd have to go back to prison and rot in a rusty cell, and I was not about to go there again.

*Alessia's pov*

"You've grown up to be so beautiful, Alessia," someone said. I woke up with to the voice of someone so familiar. His voice sounded so sweet, like the voice of someone I used to know.He sounded like someone who genuinely cared for me.

Why would he care for me if he doesn't know me. I didn't know who he was but at that moment I was the cat. Curiosity won, and it killed me. Metaphorically speaking of course. I tried to discreetly open my eyes  little bit so I could see who the mystery man was.

I was successful, but looking at him, I recognized the face of someone who I hadn't seen in years. It can't be. No it can't be him.

"Your eyes are so beautiful," said the stranger next to my bed. He knows I'm awake. Oh crap. I scrambled off the bed as fast as I could, in a way running away from my past and everything he reminded me of.

"Hey, wait," said the man. I ran down the everlasting stairs which led to a hallway. I could hear him behind me telling me to stop, but I was too scared to confront my past like that. This day was the day I had nightmares about ever since I was nine years old.

I didn't know which way was out so I guessed and went left, but as you know, I'm about the most unlucky girl in the world, so it obviously led to a dead end. I was on the verge of tears. I need to get out of here, before my past catches up to. E

I had heard the strange man's footsteps and he came down the stairs. I looked all around me and behind me there was a door. I quickly ran into and locked the door behind me. When I went into this room, I realized my mistake.

From what I was seeing, it looked like his own personal armory. Lined on the walls were rifles, swords and different types of knives. Oh God. I'm gonna die.

" Oh Alessia," the man chuckled. " I didn't know you were this good at hide and seek."

He was close. I quickly made as little noise as I could as I ran over the wall of weapons. I chose a rifle and a small pocket knife as my backup.

I heard three knocks on the door and I froze.

"If someone is in there say 'yes'. If not say 'no'." he said.

Obviously, I didn't answer but I was afraid there would be consequences for that.

My breaths were shallow and my whole body was trembling. There was nothing but dark and void in the room. I was completely quiet.

" I can hear you breathing." The man said.

Shit. Then I could hear the unlocking of the door. The door knob turned and I braced myself for what was about to come.