Chapter 7

Day 2 of the Pact

Wednesday, October 19

I was just getting out of my elective activity class. We have three options; theater, art, or music, and I chose theater. It's not that I want to become a Hollywood actress or something related to that, but I find satisfaction in acting because I believe that a production can be powerful enough to change something in the world. I feel like theater is a necessity and that everyone should have the opportunity to be a part of it. For me, it's an escape. I don't have an ideal personal life and theater gives me an outlet for that by experiencing a different world with different people. I, myself, have never acted on a big stage and had an enormous crowd cheer or applause for me, but I think some people do it as a career to be able to boost their self-esteem and confidence.

After Harry dropped me off at the apartment yesterday, I hurried into my room trying my best to be sneaky to avoid my aunt's questions, but as soon as I opened the door to my room, she was entering right behind me. She asked me where I was, and I told her the entire truth because I found no reason to lie to her about where I was or who I was with. I had nothing to hide. I didn't mention any names though. Speaking of Harry, he didn't come to pick me up the way he usually did every school day, I didn't see him during lunch today, and I was yet to see him in the hall or somewhere else in the school.

But just as I was heading to my last class of the day, P.E., Harry appeared out of nowhere and draped his arm over my shoulder so we looked like the new senior hot couple. Speak of the devil, I silently thought.

"You aren't seriously considering attending P.E. class, right Doll?" He asked. I shrugged his arm off of me quickly, hoping that no one payed attention to our little exchange.

"Well, it is in our schedule, sorry to break it down for you." I sassed back without a second's break.

"Well, you don't have to abide by the schedule." He cockily countered.

"What do you have in mind, Styles?" I questioned.

"Sushi." Harry stated.

"Not even if you promise to show up to school wearing a latex bodysuit, no."

"I'm sure you'd love to see that, wouldn't you Doll?" He turned his head sideways to look at me and I'm sure he found the most pissed off, annoyed expression on my face, and winked trying to be seductive, but looking like he had an eye that twitched uncontrollably instead. "Have you even tried sushi before?"

"No, but my best friend back in Canada loved sushi and she used to force me to go with her. I remember the first time I saw sushi I was extremely disgusted by the smell that I threw up on the waiter's shoes." I recalled back the memory, smiling lightly at the thought of my best friend whom I had missed terribly. She was the only one who managed to get me out of the sour mood that I always seemed to be in, she knew me like the back of her hand, and never did she leave me when the world felt like it was pressing all its heavy weights down on me. It's a shame that I left without seeing her for one last time, because almost six years of friendship shouldn't go to waste like that. I really need to contact her sometime, maybe getting in touch with someone from my past can make me accept my present life that I am forced into with a little more compliance and willingness.

"That's not going to happen this time. You just have to taste them, you know you can order something else if you didn't like sushi." He made an offer, trying desperately to get me on board with his idea.

"I don't how you do it, but you always manage to convince me. I'm late for P.E. though, I need to go." I dismissed him and couldn't manage a step before he had me turned around.