American Pie

It had been a week since the Summer's Eve Ball, Alfred and Natalia still see and talk to each other regularly, and today Alfred was in luck there was another World Meeting, this time in London, England. Alfred was packed and ready to go, though he was a little upset he couldn't bring his guitar. When his plane landed, he headed straight for his hotel, knowing that he would have to get up early the next morning. The next day the meeting was halfway over, Ludwig Beilschmidt, the personification of Germany, called lunch. Alfred waited in the hallway for Natalia, and when she finally came out, behind Ivan Braginski, the personification of Russia, and Katyusha. Natalia rushed over to him, and the couple talked happily as they walked down the hall. They passed by a room that was seemingly empty, though in it was Roderich Edelstein, the personification of Austria, along with Elizaveta Hedervary, the personification of Hungary. Alfred paused and stood by the door, looking in, to find Roderich sitting at a grand black piano. Alfred coughed getting the couple's attention.
"Hey, do you mind if I play something?" He asked his voice growing soft. Roderich looked at him and nodded, standing from the stool allowing Alfred to sit. Alfred's hands glided over the ivory keys, playing a familiar tune to only him.
"A long long time ago I can still remember how That music used to make me smile And I knew if I had my chance That I could make those people dance And maybe they'd be happy for a while But February made me shiver With every paper I'd deliver Bad news on the doorstep I couldn't take one more step I can't remember if I cried When I read about his widowed bride Something touched me deep inside The day that music died So" Alfred paused and took a breath a sad smile gracing his face "Bye, bye miss American Pie Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry And them good old boys were drinkin whiskey and rye Singin this'll be the day that I die This'll be the day that I die" The last line echoed through the room...