Intro

My name is Alexandra Anderson or as some people used to call me, Princess Fiona. In Storybrooke, I work at the hospital as a nurse but back before the curse was enacted I was sent by my parents, the king and queen, to spend my childhood and teen years locked away in the biggest castle, in the tallest tower, which was guarded by a dragon whose name was Malificent. The day I escaped, I remember like no other. I was doing my usual waiting of some sort of Prince Charming to come and save me and we were to share true love's kiss. There was a sudden roar coming from downstairs and when I went to peak, I saw this man who had the poise of a knight, with a sword in one hand and this golden egg shaped box in the other. I watched in amazement as he challenged the fierce dragon and then it dawned upon me, this was my chance to escape while he kept her distracted. I quickly ran back upstairs and packed the few clothes I had and quickly but safely climbed out of the window and I landed on my back but even the pain of the fall couldn't stop my excitement of finally being free. I made my way to the nearest source of water and had a drink. I tried to think of what to do next, since I was a free woman and all, so I kept walking til I came across a small village. I got weird looks but I shrugged them off, then I heard whispers, something about someone named Regina and a Snow. It wasn't until later that I figured out they were talking about the ongoing feud those two were having. After I had situated myself up against the side of one of the buildings, I heard this raspy voice, "You're much too pretty of a girl to be out here all alone. What's your name?" I looked up to greet the stranger with a smile, "Fiona. Yours?" He reached out to shake my hand and as I grabbed it he answered, "Grumpy is my name. Why are you out here all alone Fiona?" I looked down, ashamed of the answer I would have to give, "I was locked away in a tower and I just escaped." A look of compassion fell upon his face, "Well you're welcome to stay with my 6 brothers and I until you're able to take care of yourself." I nodded as I stood up and followed him back to his home, my new home. They told me stories of Snow White, The Evil Queen, and Prince Charming, it was all so enchanting to listen to. Almost a year went by when that awful curse fell upon the land and sent us to Storybrooke. I had finally become free but now I was being trapped all over again, a part of me wanted the Queen dead but I knew that was wrong. I tried running the night before but it didn't help, instead I ran into Regina. "Who...who are you?" I frowned at her, "My name is Fiona, someone who will be severely affected by your curse." She laughed, "Oh dear, don't worry. I'll make sure you live comfortably." She tried reaching for my face to give some sort of comforting gesture but I turned away, "Being FREE is living comfortably!" I shouted as a tear streamed down my face. "Well, I don't know what to say dear. The curse will happen, now you can either accept my offer or suffer like the rest of them. Your choice." She had given me an ultimatum. "Fine. I accept." I sighed and covered my face, hiding the tears. "Don't worry, everything will be okay." She patted me on the back. I couldn't bring myself to say anything else. She brought me back to her place to spend my last night in the Enchanted Forest in luxury, well her definition of luxury. She conjured a tasteful meal and I slept on the finest material, she did try to make me feel comfortable. When the curse struck the next day, immediately I found myself in a nurse's uniform, in the hospital, working. I had enough money to take care of myself and I was friends with Ruby and Mary Margaret and I even had a conversation with the mayor from time to time. All the while she knew exactly who I was, yet she plastered on a smile as she watched us suffer every day. Once the curse broke, I thought about finding my parents but then I decided not to. Since they were the ones who stuck me in that godforsaken tower in the first place. Regina somehow found me but all my frustration had come back. Why couldn't I just finally be happy?