Prologue

First ever story on watt pad, please leave a review and vote :D

*Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes*

Prologue

I was in a shack of some sort. It was dark, damp and scary. It reminded me slightly of those horror movies where the girl finds this shack and curiosity gets the better of her and then, well, you know the saying, 'curiosity killed the cat'. Except this was different, I didn't wander over here, I was kidnapped. So was my family. 

We have been tied up for ages, until finally, a man comes in. He's holding something in his hand; I can't see it very well because there are no lights in here and the windows are covered up. Suddenly, my sister Sam starts shaking beside me, this is when i know it's something bad. That's when he steps into one of the few beams of light in this cold empty place. It's a gun, I can see that now and I am shaking so hard. He lifts it up, points it at my dad's head, and says something to him. I don't quite hear it, but my dad shakes his head and I hear a bang. I look and see my dad slumped against the chair he was tied to, blood pouring from his forehead. 

No, this can't be happening, I'm in a dream, and any moment now I will wake up in my own bed, safely inside my bedroom. He aims the gun at my mum. "Now you will all pay for his stupidity," the man says, his voice giving off a slight Russian accent. Sam starts screaming into her gag. That's when he shoots mum. I shriek as I see the life leave her, the same way it left my dad. No, this can't be happening. Next is Sam. He lifts the gun, points the barre ll at her head and, after what feels like years but must only be minutes, pulls the trigger. I scream again, well, at least I tried to, it's a bit hard with a piece of cloth in your mouth. Max beside me starts to cry. That's when I realize I'm next. 

Max is only five; he doesn't understand what's happening, does he? He will only want mum to hug him until he goes back to sleep. The Russian man raises the gun. This is it, this is my end. Most people are all, 'I see the life flashing before my eyes', but that doesn't happen. Instead I see one person, Max. He won't get to live out the rest of his life. 

Before he can pull the trigger that will cause my death, the door bursts open and in comes two men, both holding guns. One shoots the man in the arm whilst the other runs behind him and takes his gun. Someone else comes in but I don't see them, I'm already blacking out with the sound of Max's crying beside me. 

Thanks for reading >_< please leave a review!

- clairebear-

DISOWNING

- The idea of CHERUB belongs to Robert Muchamore and some characters introduced later in the book are also Robert's. It is not necessary to read the Cherub series first, although this is set after the Aramov clan books :D