Chapter One

Tonight is a wonderfully fresh night. The night air was cooling the forest from the summer sun. The temperature had already fallen to be cold enough to frosted the air. I could see my breath and mist had began to appear. The wind was crisp and had started to dry up my sweat. It felt really good on my fur. 

Nocturnal creatures creeped out of their hiding places and filled the forest with noise and night life. I could hear animals hunting their prey and animals trying to escape them. The ground was covered with autumn fallen leaves. I could see the colors of the leaves as if it was broad daylight. The forest smelled like leaves and wet earth. The trees smelled like tree sap and a little like honey. 

I was running into the forest. My sought was up into the sky and my tongue was out, tasting the air. I had already shifted into my wolf form, happy to be free from my human body and hungry for dinner. I smelled the air for any large animals to fill my belly. 

I ran for fun and didn’t howl for fear of people or other creatures in the woods hearing me. I didn’t want anyone to know I was here. Not that I really cared. Much.

Ever since I had escaped my master, I have been running for my life; trying to find anywhere where I was able to stay for a while. I avoided small towns and only came out when I found a forest or big cities where people were everywhere. 

I know. I’m paranoid; sue me. (Who wouldn’t be if you experienced what I did.)

I ate and slept anywhere and learned things from the people and creatures from the supernatural world that had helped me. 

It has already been three years since I had escaped my master and have been living anywhere, never staying at the same place longer than a couple of weeks or months. Four months was my maximum limit to stay in a place. After that, I would leave, without telling anyone where I was going and leaving them wondering where I had gone. I never looked back. 

After living in the city for a couple of months and walking to find another forest, I had finally found one and since then, been living there.

I have only been in this forest for about a week and have been walking deeper and deeper into the forest, trying to find a safe place to stay for a while until I found another city again. I had no idea where I was and frankly didn’t care much to even find out. It only mattered if I was far away, from my master and his goons, enough to be safe for a while. 

This was my Eighth night in the forest. I loved it here, where I was far away from people and free to shift at any time without worrying about being found out. As long as I kept my nose down and let things be, I would be all right and chirpy as anything. I know, I have weird metaphors. If its explanation enough, I have bad metaphors, have a bad mouth, and communication issues. I admit it, I’m not perfect. 

Any ways, I was trying to find any large game for dinner when I heard something else. It sounded another predator. I quickly found a bush and hid in it, trying to see and sniff the creature that interrupted me. Once I  had the scent I was immediately on attack mode. It was another werewolf.

And it was Male.

One thing I have learned to fear and hate were males. Sure, I have met a couple of friendly males, from vamps to wolves to humans and anything that went bump in the nugget, males were one thing I was still hated. I could tolerate them only if they didn’t harm me. If it was female, which I hate more than males, I would have already attacked and killed her. And yes, I know, I hate both genders; its just that I hate one gender more than the other. It was a reason why I mostly preferred living in the forest, alone.

The wolf was about a foot larger than me. It was large and had dark brown fur with a couple of  white spots. The tip of his tail was also white. He had an odd color of fur for a wolf. Compared to my peppered fur (seriously, my fur is similar to grey; the problem is that it looks more like as if someone had poured pepper on me), His’ looked like a feline’s fur. I could feel his power, even from this far away. I predicted he was either an alpha, an alpha’s right hand man or an alpha’s son. It could be all three or none. I didn’t care. Dominance didn’t mean anything to me since an alpha’s power didn’t seem to affect me.