Chapter Six

I was in the big mansion again. I was outside again. I looked around, smiling. I smiled at the scene. The sun was setting filling the sky with the colors of red, orange, purple, and dark blue. I breathed in, smelling sweet grass, flowers, and the fresh forest scent of trees and leaves. 

“ Nina.” I heard someone sat behind me. I looked around trying to find where the voice had come from. The voice sounded and felt of safety, fun, and family. But from all that, it smelled of love. 

I was attracted to the voice. I wanted the person with the voice to love me. I somehow knew he was mine and mine only. I didn’t like to share. 

I looked around. I looked down at myself. I realized I was about eleven or twelve years old. I looked around me. I wanted to find my love. 

“ Nina.” He said again.

I smiled, knowing who it was. My love. The one I wanted to be with. I heard the guy with the voice come from behind me. He wrapped me with his arms. I breathed in again.

He smelled like sweet morning dew and spring roses. I smiled.

“ Hello, my love.” He said. 

I looked up, smiling, as I said, “ Hey…”

A bird began to screech loudly. I woke up from my dream. Damn it! I was close to finding out who I was and who the guy was. I scolded my wolf and punished her by not letting her out this morning. 

That was when it all came back to me. The memories of the night before came flashing before my eyes. I was too stunned to do anything. Well, holy hell bomb, I guess I would have to explain myself to Jace about last….

No did don’t. I smiled to myself and laughed. I wasn’t part of his pack so he has no reason from hellhounds to demand me of where I was last night. I stood up from under the tree I had used as a cave for the night. I stretched out; when I felt ripped and wet cloth around my legs and stomach, I made clear that the clothes I had used last night was still stuck to me.

My eyes began to moisten. I would have to get used to this. Its who I am and I can’t change that. I would eventually have to accept it. Whether I like it or not. 

I swiftly shifted and went on my way to the cabin. I knew I was going to be in deeper shit than a dung beetle in a horse’s feces. Oh, holy hell bomb, now I’m making up gross metaphors. I ran to the cabin as fast as I could just to find that Jace with his Sister in the middle of an argument. When they saw me around the corner. 

Holy bomb shell, Jace was looking hot as ever. He was wearing a grey muscle shirt with only black jeans and no shoes. He was now only very pissed off. But even if was, Jace still looked like war model. 

“ Nina, I need to talk to you,” he turned to his sitter, “ Haley, apologize to Nina and go to your room. I’m taking your credit cards away as punishment.” 

Haley gasped which made me snicker as much as a wolf could. Instead, I just gave a big wolfy smile. Haley turned throw me daggers with her eyes. I just walked a little farther away from the forest. I sat and looked up to her, waiting my otology. Haley seemed to get the gist and over exaggerated a sigh. 

“ I’m sorry.” was all she said and left. She didn’t mean it but I didn’t mind. It must have taken all her pride to actually do it. 

“ Shift, Nina. We have to talk.” Jace ordered me. 

I wasn’t used to obeying people yet after three years. I was still having authority issues. I barked as much as a wolf could and shifted right in front of him. My shift was faster than usual. It must have been because my animal urges had.