Chapter Five

He looks so good...

"I see you got the purple memo" I call out.

Jeremy walks up to and greets me with a warm embrace. He grabs my hand saying nothing and leads me to the car. He grabs the door handle of the passenger side opens it and when I step in he closes it behind me. I see him walk in front of the car with an enormous grin plastered across his face. He gets in the still running car turns the key in the ignition switching the car off and then turns to me.

"You look absolutely breathtaking" he almost whispers.

"This old thing?" I say trying to deflect the attention.

"Yes. THAT old thing" he says pointing to my dress.

"Well thank you so much" I say grinning lightly touching his arm.

"Don't thank me. Thank the woman who birthed you." He says with a smile.

I attempt at faking a smile because the sudden mention of my mother reminded me of my mother's stage 4 lung cancer.

"Did I say something? You look upset.." he says with a gentle look upon his face.

"Oh no..it's not you. Just made me think about my mom...." I say softly

"Your mom? Is she okay?" He questions.

"Well not exactly. She's been sick with lung cancer for the last 6 months." I say tears filling my eyes.

"Avery...I'm so sorry for bringing it up I didn't know. I won't do it again." he says with care in his gorgeous hazel eyes.

"It's not your fault I know you didn't know. But thank you. I'd rather not cry on our first date" I say with a small smile.

"Yeah...anyways I was thinking that we can go eat at that new fancy French restaurant named La maison de joie about 15 minutes away." He says while pulling out of his parking spot.

"Sounds good to me! I love French food" I say with a smile.

"Good me too" he says winking.

On the ride to the restaurant we talk about everything from my childhood to the newest Kardashian scandal.

We almost crashed because he was laughing so hard to the point of tears when I told him about how when I was 13 I walked around my school all day with toliet paper sticking out of my underwear and no one bothered to tell me.

When we finally pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant we realized how packed it was.

"Wow I didn't realize this many people would be here" he says right as my stomach grumbles. I silently plead that we get a seat soon because I haven't eaten all day.

"Yeah me neither. Hopefully we can get a table soon I'm starving" I say.

"As am I. Well let's go find out!" He says with excitement in his deep voice.

We walk in the restaurant and there's not an empty table in sight. I look over to Jeremy and he has a worried look on his face.

"Hello welcome I'm sorry to say but we have a 2 hour wait for the night." The waiter says.

"Um...okay we'll be back I guess" Jeremy mutters.

"Wait we're really waiting 2 hours to eat?" I ask frantically

"Hecks no!" He says throwing his head back in laughter.

"Well then what are we gonna eat?" I ask.

"That I haven't figured out yet." he says.

"I'm hungry I'll eat anything" I say while sitting on the hood of his car.