Chapter One

"Leanna hurry up we're gonna be late to the wedding!" I Scream as loud and forceful as can be.

"Okay okay I'm ready stop yelling at me Jesus Christ woman." Says Leanna
"Don't Jesus Christ woman me! We were supposed to be gone 20 minutes ago but noooo you just HAD to change your outfit for the 7th time!" I say sarcastically.

"Hey get off my back will ya? I have to look nice it's my uncle's wedding!" Leanna retorts.

"Yeah yeah yeah I get it lets just go before we're unfashionably late okay?" I plead as I walk out the door making sure I grab the gift.

"See what I did there? I grabbed the gift! Don't want what happened at your dad's wedding to happen again" I say in a joking tone.

"Avery shut up it was a simple mistake now let's get in the car and go!" Yells Leanna.

The girls get in Avery's SUV drive off to the wedding jamming out to Ariana Grandes new CD.

"Ah yes we made it with....4 minutes to spare" Leanna says as she burst from the passenger seat.

"Not with any help of you" I murmur.
"Oh whatever come on let's go in" Leanna says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"That was the cutest ceremony ever! I'm so happy for them! I gush.

"I know right! Carries dress was gorgeous. I hope I am half as pretty as her at 40." Leanna says sighing.

"Same" I say looking around
"What are you looking for?"Questions Leanna.

"Oh nothing just observing my surroundings" I say .

"Mhm sure hey Ill be right back I want you to meet my cousin he just got back from vacation in Washington DC" Leanna says while getting up from her chair in the reception hall.

"This better not be any of your match making shenanigans Lea!" I shout towards her.

I sit back and think about the look Carrie and Michael had in their eyes when they said their vows to each other. They looked so in love. Messmerized by the love of their lives presence in front of them. The way they spoke about each other in the vows was enough to bring tears to my eyes. Oh how I'd love for that to be me one day....

"Avery! Here's my cousin Jeremy!" Leanna says with excitement in her voice and then she walks away.

"Oh...hey Jeremy I'm Avery as I'm sure you were told on the walk over here" I jokingly say.

"Hahaha yeah I did happen to hear your name but I stopped listening after I heard 'let me tell you allll about her' leave leannas mouth" he says with a deep voice strong enough to pierce a girls heart.

"Ohhhh so what you're saying is you didn't want to know allll about me?" I say faking my apallment by putting my hand to my heart.

"No that's not it I just would rather learn alll about you, from you." He says while scratching the back of his head

"Hmmmmm well I guess I'll believe you excuse THIS time" I say hoping I'm not blushing too hard.

"Oh thank God how could I live with out Avery the Great not believing me?" He says sarcastically.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny. Anyways.....did you enjoy the ceremony?" I ask.

"Yeah I guess so it was sweet or whatever but I'm not really into big formal events such as this. I only came because I was my dad getting married." He says shrugging.

"Ohh understandable. I don't know I kinda like formal events. I like seeing everyone all dressed up and stuff." I say while gazing around the room.

"I get that. Everybody is not too shabby in these parts. He says in a fake Country accent.

"Are you mocking my accent Mr. I'm from Washington DC?" I ask.

"Me? Mock? You?! Neverrrr Ms. I'm from South Carolina." He says in a sarcastic tone.

"There you go with the sarcasm again. But asides from that... how'd you know where I was from?" I question.

"I might have heard that from Leanna's quick run down of your life story" He responds.

"Oh that makes sense" I say laughing
"Hey Avery hate to cut this whole pow wow short but we have to go! I forgot we have to babysit tonight." Leanna says as she walks towards me.

"Oh crap you're right! The Willis triplets." I say gently smacking myself on the forehead.

"Well I guess that means you guys are leaving. Well it was great seeing you Leanna and nice talking to you Avery. Hope we can do it again soon."

Jeremy says hugging the both us before walking slowly away.
"Alright let's go party pooper" I say to Leanna.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to interrupt. WAIT. What did I interupt?" She squeals.

"Jeez calm down will ya people are looking at us like we're crazy. And nothing just us joking around and stuff." I say calmly

"Mmmhmmm 'just joking around ' I bet you're holding out the juicy information!" she says crossing her arms.

"I'm not now will you stop talking about that and tell me all about that hot groomsmen I saw you dancing with" I say hoping to change the subject.

"Oh him? Well his name is Jake...." she proceeds to tell me about how he's a college grad from the same college we go to University of Seattle and how he asked for her number and she's waiting to here from him.

Authors note:
Hi I'm new to the wattpad writing community it would mean alot if you leave comments on my book or message me privately about if you enjoyed the first chapter. It would be greatly appreciated. Also I know much didn't happen in this chapter but the story will pick up pace in time I promise
-Xy