Ryden

Two young boys. Unlimited curiosity and endless love for each other.

The darker haired boy looks to his friend lying beside him while his attention is captured by the sparkling sky.

"Hey, I like you a lot."

He sighs, eyes lazily drifting off into the other pair.

"I know. You always tell me." The boy giggles and glances for both pairs to make contact.

"I just wanna make sure you know." He shrugs and scoots in closer.

"You're so sweet." His smile wakes the other boy up fully to tempt him into holding his hand, tight.

"You're so cute... And nice and smart and cute and sweet."

"You said 'cute' twice." He blushes.

"Third time's the charm..." The younger boy leans his face to the other's ear and waits.

"Then you have to say it again." He laughs and his head pivots to perfectly align his lips with the other pair.

"You're so cute." He whispers afterwards.

The younger boy laughs once more and blushes behind his hand. His friend grabs the hand and holds it in his palm to fit perfectly.

~~~~~~~

"Hey, Brendon... Have you ever looked at the moon?" A starstruck Ryan asks one night.

"Of course... It's always watching from afar." He gives a simple answer.

"No. I mean... have you really looked at it?" Ryan tries to clarify, but obviously his friend is confused.

"There is a great difference between seeing and actually looking... Have you looked at the moon?" Ryan restates and asks once more.

Brendon scratches his head and looks up at the brightened sky.

"I guess not." He tells him.

He lies back down to meet his eyes with his friend's and stares contently.

"I love you, Ryan." He whispers, not breaking eye contact from those sparkling brown eyes that reflect the brightness of the moon in them.

"I love you too, Brendon." His voice replies softly.

And just like years before, they kiss underneath the light of the night, whispering as the breeze rushes past their bodies.

~~~~~~~

"Hey, Ryan?" He asks with a dead voice.

"Yes, Brendon?" He replies, not looking at him.

"What happens after this?" He chokes out from his dry throat.

"After what? Us?" He worries.

"Well, I never want us to end... I meant... What are we going to do?" He holds his breath.

"You know..." He tells him as a reminder.

"Please tell me again, so I won't forget."

"We are going to wait and see for now... but later on, we will start a family. And we will raise four children together. We will always laugh and smile and we will always be happy."

"But... What if something happens? What if we're not happy? You can't just force happiness into someone filled with sadness." His breath comes out.

"Well... I mean of course we'll feel sad or scared or confused sometimes, but all the other times we'll be happy. And not just happy, but satisfied. With what we have and we had and we will get."

~~~~~~~

"Hey, Ryan..."

"Yes?"

"I..."

"I know - you love me. I love you too, Bren."

"Well... yeah, but I was gonna say... I'm looking. At the moon. I looked at the moon."

"Really? What are you seeing by looking?"

"I see... life. And love. And us. And our life and our love. I see you in the moon cause of the way your eyes sparkle and the way you take away my breath and the way my attention gets pulled in by you and the way you compare to no one else cause you're you."

"Brendon... you finally not only see... but you look."

"I love you, Ryan."

"I love you, Brendon."

"I never want this night to end. I want the moon to stay. I want it to watch over us forever and I want us to praise it for the light and joy it has given us."

"Maybe we can sing... together."

~~~~~~~

"If all our life is but a dream,
Fantastic posing greed,
Then we should feed our jewelry to the sea...
For diamonds do appear to be
Just like broken glass to me.

And then she said she can't believe
Genius only comes along
In storms of fabled foreign tongues.
Tripping eyes, and flooded lungs.
Northern downpour sends its love...

Hey moon, please forget to fall down.
Hey moon, don't you go down.

Sugarcane in the easy mornin'.
Weathervanes my one and lonely.

The ink is running toward the page.
It's chasin' off the days.
Look back at both feet
And that winding knee.
I missed your skin when you were east.
You clicked your heels and wished for me.

Through playful lips made of yarn.
That fragile Capricorn...
Unraveled words like moths upon old scarves.
I know the world's a broken bone...
But melt your headaches, call it home.

Hey moon, please forget to fall down.
Hey moon, don't you go down.

Sugarcane in the easy mornin'.
Weathervanes my one and lonely.

Sugarcane in the easy mornin'.
Weathervanes my one and lonely.

Sugarcane in the easy mornin'.
Weathervanes my one and lonely.

Sugarcane (hey moon) in
(Hey moon) the easy mornin'.
Weathervanes (hey moon) my
(Hey moon) one and lonely.

Sugarcane (hey moon) in (hey moon)
The easy (hey moon) mornin'.
Weathervanes (hey moon) my (hey moon)
One (hey moon) and lonely.

Sugarcane (hey moon) in (hey moon)
The easy (hey moon) mornin'.
Weathervanes (hey moon) my (hey moon)
One (hey moon) and lonely.

Hey moon, please forget to fall down.
Hey moon, don't you go down.
You are at the top of my lungs...
Drawn to the ones who never yawn...

Hey moon, please forget to fall down.
Hey moon, don't you go down.
You are at the top of my lungs...
Drawn to the ones who never yawn..."

~~~~~~~

Wow I wrote this in like half an hour idek but I'd say its pretty good. Just thought I should write something for Pretty. Odd. so yeah....

^^^Whoa this is old.... awkward. But this was for pretty. odd.'s birthday and I republished it on here just because.