Chapter 1 <I, The Minion>

Sara was forced to become Ari's minion when she accidently discovered his real identity. Will she ever be freed from Ari's childish shenanigans?

"So, you'll be at our usual place tonight?" Said my bestie Kelly, slamming her locker shut and startled the jocks nearby. They called us Beauty and the Beast cause our "Hotness level" was far apart. Yet she's always been there as long as I can recall. 

"Sorry, can't," I said, turned her down. 

"Again? Are you his servant or something?" she said.  

Geez Kelly, how long have you had known me? I've tried so hard not to burst and spilled the beans. Oh god Kelly, you have no idea.  

"Totally not!" I told her. "I need to be there since my Dad insisted that we need to get to know each other cause you know...we are kind of... a distant cousin?" Damn it, I gotta act natural!  

"Sounds like a matchmaking to me," she replied, as her blond curl sway as she waved her hands in defeat. I'm relieved. Thank god. I'm really happy she's such an oblivious person. 

"I know right? I mean who does that in this century anyway?" Haha. Very funny. Always blame your Mom and Dad for everything because that's what normal people do.  

That bastar...I mean the one who chose me, totally hypnotised my Dad to believe that we ARE family. Or have some sort blood relation or something. I hate him! 

"This guy, Ari was it?" Kelly said all of a sudden. "Is he like, 50 years old or something?" she blinked at me. My breath caught up in my lung immediately. I never asked him that. Makes me feel that he is as old as dinosaur, and counting from all the vampire novels I've read, OLD means more POWER.  

It is just me? Or the Undead seems to get free pass to every sick fantasy these days? 

"Um no, not really," I pretended not to get shocked about Kelly's sudden frankness. And then escape route form immediately. "Wow, you know what? I really should get going, I call you tonight, kay?" I said and walked away as fast as I could before she started asking more questions about Ari.  

But really, even I never thought about Ari's age. He probably doubled the digit that Kelly mentioned. Anyway, what should be considered old in a vampire Wikipedia? Is there even a vampire Wikipedia, not counting the one on the Internet? 

Why am I so clueless? Why couldn't I be more careful?  

Gosh, I hate myself for being too interested at that idiot. Looked what that had got me.

******************************************************************** 

Outside the school was beautiful. The sun began to set, so I figured slowing down my pace and enjoy the afternoon on my way home. 

The nearby market was as welcoming as my stomach began to growl. Food is always the top priority and the rest are second. Even my Dad is a second. I mean, you totally spooned your mouth with that crunchy, milky breakfast before replied to your Dad. 

The market was pretty much the same ever since Mom died 2 years ago. Familiar faces that works here; Christine the gum-smacking cashier, Ted the manager who talks about the next girl he would bring home, and Sandy, the only senior in St. Augustine High I've ever closed with. She nodded at me when I walked by her aisle.  

I was just about turned to the corner on snack sections when...  

"Hey moron, where the heck are you? Come back before I make your Dad do weird stuff..."  

The same annoying noise in my head has been talking to me ever since I've been discovered. He had basically infiltrated the privacy of my head. 

"SHUDDUP!" I screamed. Everyone looked at me and avoided me like I just escaped from the sewer. I frantically put my hoodie up to cover up how embarrassed I am. Stupid vampire. What does he want now?