Chapter 1 Thought It Was a Dream

Chapter 1

Thought It Was a Dream

A year earlier...

Long hours in school, bad ass chicks walking around the school, smoking, drinking, and sports; that's all there was in High School. But all that's on my mind is the hoes a.k.a. thots. Chilling in gym with my niggas something or someone is bound to get talked about in this case a female. "Man I'm telling you shawty straight. I got some dome from her earlier. At first that bitch was fronting talking bout "Damien let me just taste it."  Until I started to zip my pants back up now she running her mouth bout her shit talking bout "Who you know give head better than me?" Shit in my head I'm thinking shawty from last night. But I just stared at her for a good minute. Bitch still running her trap and ain't put her lips on my tip yet. But she told me to relax I knew shit was about to go down. Next thing I know is my dick getting wet." Damien explained to his niggas about ol' girl from Saturday night. After he finished he got a lot of daps, handclaps, and manly hugs with a pat on the back. Lucas and his niggas stay getting head from all the thots.

"Aye Lucas, who is that my nigga?" Josh asked pointing toward this bad ass chick. I ain't even gon' lie shawty really caught my eye and that's really hard for girls to do. No matter how bad you are I look for confidence in a shawty, and the one I was looking at had it all in her walk. I wonder who she is and why she walking with Niq-Niq, Jazmine, and Morgan. Shawty must be new, I know Niq-Niq, Jazz, and Morgan; them my niggas. I think that's Niq-Niq cousin she been telling me about, the one that just recently moved in with her.

"Damnnnn, who is THAT?" Damien damn near yelled in my ear.

"Yo, I think that's---"

"Niq-Niq cousin Janie, but she prefers Ne-Ne. I met her last summer." Sam said cutting me off. I just rolled my eyes and continued to look. Next thing I noticed shawty was walking over here, but not by herself.

"Heyyyyy Lucas!" Jazz screeched as they stopped in front of us.

"Damn, can you scream any louder." I said as Jazmine hugged me resting her head on my chest.

"I sowwy Lucas, I was just saying hey." She said in her winy baby voice. Jazmine always had a thing for me, not to sound conceited. She always wants my attention, she a big ass flirt when it comes to me. She'll sometimes sit on my lap and just talk and talk and surprisingly I listen, sometimes.

"You good ma, hey to you to." I finally said with a sigh.

"Sammie!" Niq-Niq yelled like Sam was on the other side of the world.

"Damn girl I'm right here. Look, I ain't Lucas I'll slap yo short ass with all that damn yelling." Sam said laughing, playfully to Niq-Niq. She pinched his chest.

"You ain't gon' do shit," Niq-Niq said in her high-pitched voice.

"Watch out for bad-ass ya'll," Jazmine yelled. All I know is she got one more time to yell in my ear and imma push her ass on the floor. While everybody was talking I notice Janie sneaking a few glances my way, I was going to smile until I looked down at how I was holding Jazz. My hands were wrapped around her waist, holding her from the back. Shawty probably thought Jazz got me cuffed. I was just about to speak to her but the bell rang, signaling we got four more minutes to get to first period. We all said our laters and headed to class. Morgan, Sam, and I got first period together, so we walked together. By the time we sat down as the final bell rang signaling for class to start. "Good morning class. How was everyone's weekend?" Mr. Welfare asked loudly. Some students replied, while others stayed quiet.

"Well that's great to hear class, too bad I didn't care. That was a rhetorical question, to the ones that didn't answer, thanks for being turds." Mr. Welfare stated honestly. Mr. Welfare is the realist, and funniest English teacher I've ever had. He ain't even black. He still be dissing niggas. You can't help but respect him, he stay 4hunnid.

"So, today we're going ---

 "He started then suddenly all eyes went to the back of the classroom.

"Uhm, hi my name is Janie Harris. I-I'm looking for Mr. Welfare's room. I'm getting all excited in my head.

"Ah, Janie Harris, you may have a seat next to Lucas." He said pointing to the Lucas.

"Just listen we're looking at a PowerPoint for today." He stated then he proceeded on with class, cutting off the lights as if nothing happened. I started putting my head down a couple of seconds into the PowerPoint. I could smell the vanilla perfume she was wearing as she kept moving. The fragrance got louder but I didn't think anything of it. Next thing you know she tapped my shoulder.

"Uhh, Lucas..." Janie says not sure if that was his name or not. I swear time froze at that very second.