Back Story.

I sighed and fixed my long black skin tight skirt, I slowly sat down and brushed my now auburn shoulder length hair out of my face.

"Okay.. " I silently said.  I felt weird because  I was 21 years old  in a church confessional ranting.. To what,  a wall? 

"I um… I haven't been making the best decisions lately… " I fiddled with my thumbs. "It all started when I was little,  I started off as regular little girl,  I had straight A's… all the teachers loved me… " I stopped as chuckled to myself as I shifted in the wooden chair,  trying to make myself comfortable. "But all that changed when my parents started arguing,  it was nasty outside.. Like thunder,  and lighting.. It was pouring hard… they got into horribly and he hit her and left, he abandoned me and my mother. I was left to defend on my own, in the hood… you had to have some type of reputation. I was too little to understand any of it,  my dad would've wanted me to become a straight A student until college but he left so that couldn't even happen… he taught me everything I knew,  but once I turned 16… boy when I turned 16 I was living it… " I found my self chuckling once again.  "I was underaged of course but that was the only choice I had… nobody else was going to take a 16 year old child into their office,  my momma was always too drunk,  always too high,  and was so naive. She was worst than me! I had to get paid and I had to get whatever me and my momma needed without my deadbeat ass daddy. " I said putting the emphasis on without,  I sighed once again and continued. "The only place that accepted me was the strip club… called Dream that was when I had my long blue hair… I was named Blu,  but things change… ya know? " I wiped my face before my upcoming tears appeared.

"Anything else to say? " the man said startling me.

"What else is there to say? When I turned 17 and 18 it was all a blur..  " I said as I looked straight forward.

"I'm Zonnique… And I'm a stripper… "