Chapter 1

My name is Sophia Skie Herondale, and I am 17 years old. Tomorrow is my birthday, and it's also the day I will find my mate. I forgot to mention that I am not a normal teenage girl; I'm a werewolf. I am the daughter of the Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack. Our pack is the second largest and strongest in the United States. The largest and strongest pack is the Black Moon Pack.

"Sophia, get up! You're going to be late for school," my mom called out.

"Okay, I'm up. I'll be downstairs in just a minute," I replied. I put on my cheerleading uniform since tonight is the homecoming football game. Jason, my older brother, knocked on the door, and I told him to come in. He walked in a second later, saying, "Sophia, good luck cheering tonight. Do you want to go to the after-party with me and the rest of the football team?"

"Good luck to you too, Mr. Quarterback. Yes, I do want to go to the party with you," I said.

"Okay, hurry and finish getting ready, or I'm going to leave you because we are going to be late," Jason said. He walked out and shut the door. I finished getting ready and walked downstairs to the kitchen where my brother, mom, and dad were sitting at the table.

"Good morning, sweetheart," my dad said.

"Good morning to you too, daddy," I replied. My dad walked up to me, hugged me, and asked if I wanted breakfast. I said no, thank you.

"Jason, are you ready to go?" my dad asked.

"Yeah, just let me get my backpack," Jason replied.

LATER AT SCHOOL

I have three best friends: Nicole, Sam (aka Samantha), and Alexis. I am popular as the Alpha's daughter, so I have other friends, but they are not my best friends. Nicole has short blonde hair that reaches her shoulders with green eyes. She is 5'5" and weighs 130 pounds. Sam has long black hair that goes to the middle of her back. Her eyes are light blue with dark blue around the outside. She is 5'2" and weighs 120 pounds. Alexis has light brown hair cut into an A-line style. Her eyes are blue, and she is 5'8" tall, weighing 150 pounds. I have long red hair that goes down to the top of my butt, and my eyes are hazel brown. I weigh 140 pounds, and my height is 5'6". My eyes are a light blue with a darker hazel blue around the outside. I get my eyes from my dad and my hair from my mom. My brother is 6'1" and weighs 200 pounds, but it's all muscle. Since we have to train every day, everyone in our pack is in shape and has a lot of muscles. His eye color is brown like our mom's, and his hair is dark brown like our dad's. His best friend, Connor, is 6'0" and weighs 190 pounds. His hair is blonde with spikes, and his eyes are blue.

"Hey, girl," Nicole, Sam, and Alexis said in unison. We have been friends since preschool.

"What are you girls doing this weekend?" I asked them.

They all looked at each other like they were trying to decide if they should tell me or not. Sam started talking again. "Did you hear your brother is throwing a party this weekend?"

"No, he never told me anything, and tomorrow is Friday." It is a big deal that he is throwing a party this weekend because tomorrow is my birthday, also the day that I could find my mate. Since I am the Alpha's daughter, I'm well known around the pack, and if my mate is an Alpha or a Beta, then I have to move in with him as soon as he goes back because they have to look after their pack.

"Oh, we were thinking about going to it. You should too, even if you don't like the party, you can hang out with us," Alexis said.

"Yeah, and there are going to be other pack members there, so you might meet your mate if you don't tomorrow," Nicole added. I thought about it; it would be nice to hang out with them. I do like to party, just not my brother's parties because he is so protective. I can't even do anything.