Chapter 7

Later that day

It was around 3 p.m., Connor and his family have already left, but as soon as they left Scott, Jason, my dad, Mason (Scott's dad), Wyatt and his dad went straight to the alphas office and locked the door. Our moms went to the kitchen to start on dinner for the pack. I am in the living room with Chloe and Camila, we are watching a movie but I'm not paying attention to it. If I'm being honest, I don't even know what is on. I'm too busy thinking about what they could be talking about that would require them to lock the door.

Scott's point of view

There was an attack on the pack next to mine and the blue moon pack, I should really be focusing on a plan if the get on our land but the only thing my minds wants to think about is protecting Sophia.

I want to tell her what is going on but I'm afraid that it will worry and scare her and I don't want that. I will protect her with my life. When I used to hear people say that I thought that they were exaggerating or just crazy because how could you want to die for someone that you just met. Also how could you be that protective over them. But I completely get it, the moment that we met as mates if is like we have been together our whole life.

My dad and her dad both want to keep the situation of rogues attack from the women because they don't want them to be apart of the fight. Jason and I don't want that either but we think that we should so they can be on the look out and pay attention to who is around them. The plan is to double are patrols and the number of the groups that are out patrolling to help protect them.

The meeting is over and all I want no need to do is find Sophia. I look in the living room where her and my sisters were when we went into the meeting. They are watching a movie, but I don't see her in there so I ask if they know where she is and they said she went into the kitchen. I head to the kitchen when I'm right out side the door I hear both of our moms talking and laughing so I went in hoping to see her listening to them but to my disappointment she wasn't there. My disappointment turned to worry super-fast and my mom must have seen it written all over my face because she asked me what is wrong? I told her that I couldn't find Sophia, my mom said don't worry she has to be around here somewhere. Both our moms then went on to say that she left around ten minutes ago but didn't know where she went. The next room I went to was the movie theater room, then the game room, back patio, garden, library, indoor pool and spa. She was nowhere to be found I was now starting to think the worst. There was one more room to find but if she is not there, I'm sending out the search party that is the biggest anyone has ever seen, I will not stop until she is in my arms again. So, I head up the stairs to our room hoping she is there.

SOPHIA'S POV

After spending fifteen minutes in the kitchen with my mom and Savannah Scott's mom I was ready to leave. All they were talking about was the girl's birthday party and how Scott was going to introduce me to the pack as his mate and their Luna at the end of the night. His dad is going to be stepping down to let us take over since Scott and I have now found each other. It makes me nervous and stressed outthink that I am going to be a Luna and having to run a pack. What if I'm not good at it or the pack doesn't like me, what then?

My thoughts were cut short when our moms asked me when they could expect grand babies. I told them not for a while, a long while. That it is not even on our minds that the moment. They just started laughing then they said that they want a lot of grandkids.

So, I left and went outside to walk in the garden just to be by myself and clear my mind, but it got crowded. I then went to our room because all I wanted was to be left alone after the thoughts that I had just had. I layer down on the bed and put on Grey' Anatomy. I watched one and a half episode before I fell asleep. I woke to the sound of footsteps heading toward our room getting close by the second. I look at the time and it was already after 9 o'clock at night. When I was in the garden it was only around 4:30 P.M. The door opened to reveal Scott. I saw him before he saw me because his head was down looking at his phone, but he looked worried so then that got me worried. I asked him if something happened, he said no but it was like a light switch went on that I was the one that asked the question. Because he looked up so fast that I thought that he might have whiplash. He smiled and immediately ran towards me picked me up, I wrapped my legs around his waist as he spun me around. He told me he thought that I was taken or something bad had happened to me because he couldn't find me.