Chapter 5

Scott's Point of View:

As we descended the stairs, returning to where our families had gathered, we found the room empty, the echoes of our footsteps resonating in the quiet hallway. Voices drifted from the dining room, drawing us towards the source like a familiar melody. Entering, we discovered our families seated around a long, polished oak table, bathed in the soft glow of morning light filtering through the windows. Laughter and animated conversation filled the room, creating an atmosphere of warmth and camaraderie.

I took a moment to soak in the scene, my heart swelling with pride and anticipation. Today was a momentous occasion—the official introduction of Sophia, my beloved mate, to my family and the esteemed members of the Blue Moon Pack's leadership. Beside me, Jason, my steadfast friend since childhood and the Alpha's son, exchanged a knowing glance, his easy smile reflecting the deep bond we shared.

"Hey Scott, how's everything going?" Jason greeted me warmly, his tone oblivious to the storm of emotions brewing within me. His arm rested casually around Sophia's shoulders, a gesture that ignited a protective growl deep within my chest.

"What's going on here?" I interjected, my voice tinged with possessiveness and concern, directed at Jason's familiar yet unwelcome touch on my mate.

"She's my sister, Sophia. She's your mate—congratulations," Jason responded calmly, sensing my unease. "I'm genuinely happy for both of you, and I know she'll be protected and treated right. I trust you, Scott, but remember, hurt her and you answer to me, friend or not."

Mr. and Mrs. Herondale approached us, extending warm congratulations and sealing the moment with gestures of acceptance. Mr. Herondale clasped my hand firmly, his eyes conveying trust and welcome, while Mrs. Herondale enveloped Sophia in a heartfelt embrace. "Congratulations on finding your mate," Mr. Herondale remarked warmly, his joy palpable.

Together, we entered the house, but my heart yearned for a moment alone with Sophia, to begin weaving the delicate threads of our shared destiny. Turning to her, eager to hear her thoughts, I asked softly, "Would you prefer a separate house or to live here with me in the pack house?" Each word carried a weight of hope and longing.

"I'd love to live here with you," Sophia replied earnestly, her eyes shining with excitement and admiration as she surveyed our future home. Her enthusiasm mirrored my own joy, filling me with a profound sense of contentment and belonging.

After a thorough tour of the expansive pack house, I promised Sophia that I would show her our private quarters and our shared office later. Her puzzled expression prompted me to clarify, "I know it's technically my office, but as my mate and the future Luna of our pack, it's yours too. We'll lead together, side by side."

                                                                  Sophia's Point of View:

Entering the kitchen beside Scott, I felt a flutter of nerves mingled with excitement. My younger brother settled next to me, and across from us, my parents occupied their seats, with two conspicuously empty chairs beside Dad. Leaning towards Scott, I whispered inquisitively about the vacant seats.

"They're for my twin sisters—they're your age," Scott explained softly, his voice tinged with fondness as he glanced towards the unoccupied spots. The revelation surprised me; I hadn't known Scott had siblings, let alone twin sisters.

Our pack's beta and his family joined my parents on one side of the table, while Scott's own beta and their family settled in next to him. The room buzzed with the anticipation of breakfast, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and warm pastries adding to the inviting atmosphere.