Chapter Five

Anika's POV

Chanelle has been really distant lately and I'm freaking out! Did I do something wrong? Did I say something offensive? I don't really know. She's just always on her phone and not talking to anyone. So today,I decided to bake her favorite Oreo cake and some red velvet cupcakes and went to her house. When I got to her house,I knocked on the door and her mom opened it. She greeted me with a smile and told me that Chanelle's upstairs. I greeted her back and thanked her while I removed my shoes and went upstairs to talk to Chanelle. When I got in front of Chanelle's room,I opened it without knocking and I saw her dancing  on top of her bed,in her underwear while jamming out to a certain song. I laughed at the sight because she looks insane. Her hair was really messy and is all over her face, she was flailing her arms while kicking. And when I opened her door,she was so shock that she almost fell. It was hilarious! I went to her table and placed the cake and cupcakes while I was still laughing. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked her while laughing. "Having a dance party,come here you lil piece of gum" she said while running to me and gave me a huge,tight hug. "I missed you and I'm sorry I've been distant lately" she said while hugging me. "That's okay" I replied "I baked your favorites" I added. She pulled away from me while her face lights up. She went downstairs and I heard her mom tell her to put on some clothes. She went back in her room and we both started laughing really hard because she just went down in her underwear. Like literally just her bra and undies. When she's finally done getting dressed, she went back downstairs and grabbed some plates,forks and a knife. She went back up and we started eating some cake. She asked me if I wanted more and when I said "no" she grabbed the box that contains the cake and went back downstairs to share the cake that I baked for her to her family.