Coffee

coffee

You said I smell funny.

You love the smell of coffee.

That's why I'm rolling in coffee rinds in back of Starbucks.

All I try to do is to please you. You never have told be what's good. Only what's bad. I could be perfect, and you'd probably make up something bad about me, just so you'll be the perfect 10. I'd go to the ends of the earth for you, and all you'll do for me is glance at me disgustedly and turn on football on the TV. Would you like me better if I were a football? It's all you ever want to watch. I saw you 'making out' with your football stuffed animal yesterday. Maybe turning into a football would be a good idea.

I've decided I've had enough. I'm gonna go to the apartment we share and take my stuff, all of the money I've saved up over the years, and take a train away. I walk home with the delicious aroma of coffee floating around me.

Okay. I'm gonna give you one last chance. I sneak inside, take a shower, brush my hair, put on a pretty dress, high heels and makeup, and attempt to look perfect. I go out to the living room and stand in front of the TV, catching your attention.

You look me over, up and down. After 30 seconds, you look down at the newspaper you were reading.

"Have you ever noticed your nose is crooked? You should get plastic surgery." You say.

"Goodbye." I say