Take it or Leave it

You walked away. You left me soaking in the rain, without so much as a second glance. I remember those beautiful, steely eyes, looking at me in remorse as that... that... I can't call her a woman. Painted and plastered, tummy tucked with plastic surgery written all over. Wearing a miniskirt, she's draped all over him, like a boa constrictor wrapping around his pray. She whispers into his ear with her red puffy lips "take me or leave me. Take this thing-" she glances at me with those deceptively soft eyes, "or leave her. Choose now or I'll walk away and you'll never see me again." He looks at her, then me, then her. I already know what's going to happen. He puts ifs arm around the other girl and walks away with her, leaving me in my current position. no one else is here. Just a cab that rolls by and soaks me thoroughly with its unforgiving wheels, humming over the pavement. I see you get into the cab with that, that, that MONSTROSITY. You speed away, and time and space seems to bend, carrying you away faster and faster; the buildings bend to carry you away.

You, traitor, may find this hard to believe, but I started dancing. I called up all of my girls and we go party. Maybe you, you who left me, find this strange. You're saying, she should me miserable! I was the only one she had! I say to you, you jerk, think again. You left, and I realized that, you weren't happy with me. You rambunctious boy, unsatisfied with what you had, you had to go and find a painted, plastic, fake beauty. I'm glad I found out who you really were, you jerk, before it got worse. Now, I can finally tell the boy across the street I like him without it being awkward. So, thanks. Thank you for opening my eyes to the world, to who you really were.