Chapter 4

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while! School has kept me busy. Well, here's the chapter!

-------------------------

Skylar's POV:

My vampire took over and ran as fast as she could to my home."What's going on?" I asked Jessica.

"I'll tell you later." She said rapidly, and soon enough, we were at my home. I lived in a medium sized house, with about 6 rooms, enough to fit my family comfortably. I had one sibling, but I felt like I have two because of my cousin, Emma, which was like a sister to me. She lived with my family because her parents were killed in a war caused by a stupid werewolf. My other sister(witch I sometimes wish she wasn't my sister), was Sophie. Sometimes she really got on my nerves.

I ran inside the house quickly, greeted by my mom."Hey honey, your home early what happened?" She questioned.

"Nothing, I just finished my homework early from tutoring," I lied. My mom was always too protective and hated me hanging out with humans too much so I said I went to tutoring everyday while I was at Ellie's house. I wonder what my mom would do if she knew I was friends with a werewolf.

I quickly dashed into my room and plopped on my bed. That always calmed me down. This time I was greeted by something else. Just as I laid down, I noticed something was under my covers, and screamed.

"Boo!" Sophie yelled scaring me out of my mind.

"Sophie! Why did you do that? You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Aw so close" she made an evil smile and dashed out of my room.

"Sophie! When I get my hands on you I'll..."

Sophie screamed suddenly. "Mom! Ow! Skylar hurt me!" She held up her foot and gave me a wink as my mom practically flew upstairs.

"Skylar! Don't hurt your sister!"

"Mom I..."

"OWWW! It hurts!" Sophie fell on the floor in "pain" and fake-cried. I wanted to strangle her there and then.

"Go to your room! And give me your laptop and phone! You are grounded for a week! No phone or computer!" She picked up Sophie up from the floor and started to carry her downstairs. Sophie stuck her tongue out at me and I gave her a dirty look. That little brat always got me in trouble.

I sat down on my bed and got another fright as I saw Emma on my bed smiling at me.

"Please get along," she said sweetly.

"I wish, but I didn't even hurt her, she faked it." I frowned. I really wanted to talk to Ellie right now.

Emma frowned. "That's not good. I'm sorry." She always acted like an angle no matter what.

"It's ok, more time to hang out with you," I smiled and her and she smiled so sweetly. I wondered how she kept so cheerful with her family dead. She was always a good sport about everything. She held my hand in hers and climbed out my window onto the tree nearby with me following close behind. She always hung out with me there to cheer me up. Then she mind-linked me. "I love you little cousin,"

I mind linked her back."I love you too."

------------------

What do you think of the book? Comment below! Sorry it's a kind of short chapter but I didn't want to get straight to the point on the book. I will try to make the chapter longer next time. Bye!