Chapter Thirteen

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*Maddi's POV*

After history class, the final bell of the day rang and I rushed out of there as fast as I could.

"Hey! Maddi!" I heard Leighton call after me.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around to face her, putting on a fake smile.

"Man, you were fast to get out of there! Is something wrong?" she asked.

"No, not at all," I lied. "What's up?"

"Do you want to come over? We can get to know one another better."

"Um, well, I have a lot of homework so I don't think that's a good idea."

"Homework? On the first day? Come on girl, don't lie to me. Come over. It'll be fun."

I gulped. Should I go over? It wouldn't be that good of an idea. I mean, Landon lives there...

"Please?" She put on the puppy dog face and I sighed.

"Alright, I'll go," I said.

"Yay! I hope you don't mind but my brother is bringing us."

I gulped again. "Um, no, it's fine."

"Okay. He told me to meet him in the resource room. Do you know where that is?"

"Yeah, I'll show you. Follow me," I told her.

We walked upstairs and down the hall. I walked into the resource room and said, "Here you go. There are sections in here for each subject. History is over there so your brother should be over there."

"I see him. Wait right here," she replied.

She walked over to him and talked to him for a second. He looked over at me with an uneasy look on his face, but then they came over to me.

"So you're coming home with us?" he asked.

"As long as you don't mind me coming over," I said.

"No, I don't mind. I'm glad my little sister found a friend. I'll show you to my car," he said.

We went out to the parking lot and stopped in front of his car.

"Here we are. Go ahead and get in," he said.

I sat in the back while Leighton sat up front with Landon. We started the drive to their house.

"So how old are you Maddi?" Landon asked. Of course now he would want to know.

"I'm 17 years old, Mr. Evers. I'm turning 18 in a month," I answered.

*Landon's POV*

"So how old are you Maddi?" I questioned, trying to make small talk.

"I'm 17 years old, Mr. Evers. I'm turning 18 in a month," she responded and I almost passed out.

The car swerved a little bit and my sister yelled at me. I can't believe it. I had sex with a minor. I broke the law.

"Please, call me Landon when we are outside of school. I want my sister's friends to feel comfortable around me. I don't want it to be weird because I'm your teacher," I said.

"Alright," she said, looking down.

We quickly arrived at my house and Maddi and Leighton ran off to her room. I grabbed a cup and filled it up with water from the tap. I took a sip, grabbing onto the counter and looking out the small window. I couldn't believe this was happening. I thought she was in college! Why had I been so stupid?