Chapter Nineteen

~COPYRIGHT 2011~

*After School - Leighton’s POV*

“Ready to go, bro?” I asked.

“Yeah, hold on. Let me say goodbye to Melissa,” he said with a smile.

I rolled my eyes as I watched him approach her desk in the Resource Center. They talked to one another for what seemed like forever. I couldn’t help but notice the bitchy stares that Melissa was giving me when he wasn’t paying attention. What the hell was that about?

“Come on Landon!” I screamed across the room. Some of the teachers gave me strange looks. “I mean, come on Mr. Evers!”

He whipped his head around and scowled at me. He kissed her on the cheek and finally came back over to me.

“Why are you in such a hurry?” he questioned as he gathered up his things.

“I have places to go and people to see. Now come on. You have to drop me off at Maddi’s,” I told him.

I grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the door to the parking lot.

“What do you two possibly have to talk about? You see one another every day in school and every day after school,” he said.

“We’re girls Landon. We have a lot to talk about. Like our periods, boys and…”

“Alright, stop. I don’t want to hear anymore.”

I laughed to myself as I got into the passenger seat of his car. He threw his stuff in and got in himself. When we got to Maddi’s he stopped the car and looked over at me.

“Do your homework. I’ll be checking when you get home. Make sure you’re home by 8. It’s a school night. Tomorrow’s Friday so you can fuck off all you want tomorrow night,” he said.

“Language Landon!” I exclaimed and slapped him on the back of the head.

“Shut up Leight. I can swear all I want. I’m 22 for Christ’s sake!”

I rolled my eyes at him and got out of the car, slamming the door. Sometimes he just annoys the hell out of me!

“Love you too sis!” he yelled out the window as I walked up the porch.

I flipped him the bird as I entered the house.

“I’m home!” I screamed once I entered the house.

“In here!” Maddi’s voice echoed from somewhere in the house.

I followed it to where I thought it was coming from and sure enough, there was Maddi sitting at the island in the kitchen with her brother and…Carter. Oh great! How the hell were we supposed to make this plan if he was here?