Living on the surface part 3

Time skip 3 years

[Frisk POV]

I was awoken by Asriel shaking me and telling me to get up, "come on Frisk, it's the first day of school," I hated school, it was always so boring, the only thing I am going to like about it this year is being able to hang out with Asriel. "Ok, ok I'm up," I said in a tired voice, "why are you so excited?" I said turning my head to look at him, from what I can see he was wearing a green striped jumper and brown pants, "because I want to experience what school up here will be like and learn more," Asriel said still excited, "aren't you already smarter than most adults? Heck, you might even be smarter than Dr. Alphys," I said looking at him confused by what he said. "I have read and memorized every book that is in the underground but that does not mean I can't learn more," Asriel said matter of factly.

I got out of bed, grabbed some clothes and headed for the bathroom to get changed. I put on a brown shirt, purple striped jumper, brown shorts and brown shoes. We lived in a castle and on days like these where goat mum and goat dad are busy dealing with governments in other countries we have uncle Sans and uncle Papyrus looking after us. As I was heading for the kitchen I could smell bacon and eggs but who is cooking?, as far as I know we don't have a chef, Papyrus can only do spaghetti and Sans would not be up for at least another 5 hours, I was surprised to see Asriel in an apron cooking. "Didn't take you for the cooking type," I said sitting down at the table "I have not had time to really put what I read in cookbooks into practice but nothing is burning so that's an upside," he said sounding pleased with himself "Well I will be the judge of how well it is," I said as Asriel put a plate and sat it down in front of me, it looked good but looks can be deceiving, there was tomato sauce already on the table with some salt and pepper so I grabbed and added them. I took the first bite and was amazed. "This is delicious," I said stuffing my mouth with another bite "Thanks, Frisk, I was afraid I would have overdone the eggs and not fully cook the bacon or I would over cook the bacon," he said sitting down next to me and eating his own food, "I also made our lunches they are right on the bench," he said. I finished breakfast first so I put my plate in the sink and grabbed our lunches, I put them in out bags and waited for him by the door. He ran up and grabbed his bag. "Come on Frisk lets go," he said heading out the door

"So what classes are you in? Maths for the extremely gifted?" I said curiously, "Haha no Frisk I'm with you," he said still slightly laughing at what I said "Why? you are way smarter than me" I said "Yea but they measure one's intelligence by tests so as long as I made it seem like I have normal intelligence I can stick with you, it would be boring without you," he said smiling at me. "Hehe you really know how to make me feel special you know that," I said "Well I try," he said looking back towards the road ahead of us.

The rest of the walk to school was fun, I don't get to see an excited Asriel as much as I would like to. I was happy to find out that Asriel is in all but one of my classes, at the end of the day I had art while he had cooking, why does he need to do cooking? From the taste of breakfast this morning he seems to be good enough.I was going to ask him this morning during class but he seemed really concentrated and I feel as if my words would fall on deaf ears. At interval I finally got the chance to talk to him, "Asriel why are you doing cooking? your food is already good," I said looking at him, Asriel looked at me "I don't have enough cooking experience, theory and practical are two very different things, also that was bacon and eggs, not really a complex and hard to make meal." "Have you noticed how there seems to be a lot more monsters at this school than humans," I said, "Yea, I did, it makes sense, though, most humans still think monsters are child eaters or something," he said sadly, I hated the way some people treated monsters, acting like they are a plague and keeping their distance but at least not everyone thinks that. "Are you liking school so far?" I asked trying to lighten the mood, "Yea, I don't want to disrupt the class but it would be nice to talk to you more," he said "Well we have about 20 minutes left and lunch later, we also have after school so let's talk," I said.