Ch. 24 The Day After

I wake up the next morning and check the clock. It's 8:30. I look over and see Jenna sleeping like a goddess. She's so beautiful, even when she isn't trying. Last night was the second best night of my life. The night Jenna became my girlfriend takes the win. That's not taking anything away from last night though, it was incredible. The connection I mean, not as much the sex part just the intimacy. Not saying the sex was bad either that was amazing too. Man, I think too much. I hear a buzz from my phone. It's from Josh, gosh he's such a heathen I swear.

Hey dude, how was cedar point? -J
Awesome! Jenna was a champ on the dragster. :) -T
Nice dude, you wanna chill later? Maybe work on some songs? -J
Yeah of course! We are leaving at the hotel right now so is 3 good? -T
Yeah perfect, see you then man. -J

I gently shake Jenna, trying to avoid death by slapping. She doesn't budge so I poke her in the cheek. She begins to stir, oblivious to the surroundings. That's a great moment, when you aren't fully aware. It's innocent, sweet almost. No troubles, only bliss. I wonder if that is what death is like? I shouldn't be questioning this right now. Jenna, yes Jenna is waking up. She opens her eyes and smiles at me. I smile back warmingly.

"Good morning sunshine." I say contently.
"Good morning." She replies sleepily.
"Did you rest well?" I ask curiously.
"Yes of course, you were here." She says while rubbing the back of my palm of my hand as if she can sense my worries.
"Are you sure?" I ask wearily.
"Yes T, and if you're worried about last night don't be. It was all I could ever want and imagine, it was perfect." She says making me feel better.
"Yes it was pretty perfect." I agree.
"Go take a shower, you stink." She says wrinkling her nose in the cutest way possible.
"Wonder why." I say back knowingly, as Jenna lightly slaps my chest.
"You perv." She says jokingly.
"I'm your perv." I say.
"Of course, now go take a shower." She says back with a giggle.
"Alright, I'll leave the door cracked if you would like to join." I say back with a smirk.
"No I'm too sore Tyler." She replies with a cringe.
"Oh my gosh babe, are you okay?" I ask with worry.
"Yes I'm fine Tyler I mean I was a virgin if you remember." She says back.
"Oh yeah, I somehow forgot during the act you are like a sex goddess." I say back truthfully.
"Oh whatever." She says back turning red in the face.
"No point in hiding it." I say quoting her from my dream a while back.
"Okay, okay now go take a shower for real." She says.
"Alright, be out in five." I say and kiss her hand that was rubbing the back of my palm.

I quickly hop in and out of the shower and do my morning activities that consist of: cologne, deodorant, brush teeth, do my hair (obviously), and getting dressed. I grabbed some cargo shorts with a black Green Day shirt and my black vans. I walk out of the bathroom and let Jenna know she can take her shower. She's in the bathroom for about ten minutes before I hear the door open. She comes out wearing a black sundress and a sleeveless jean jacket with tan strappy sandals. She looks beautiful as always. Her hair is in a side braid with a few pieces framing her gorgeous face.

"Hey beautiful." I say with a grin.
"Hey ugly." She says back teasingly.
"I'm hurt." I say with a fake chest clutch.
"Would you rather me call you T bug?" She asks me curiously.
"Ugly it is, are you ready to go down to breakfast?" I ask.
"Yes, sure. Oh and you packed everything up, you're so good." She says with a huge happy face.
"You're gooder." I say back.
"Gooder isn't a word, gooder isn't a word." She says covering her ears and closing her eyes as if she was trying to erase it from her memory.
"I know, I just wanted to make you mad, you're hot when you're mad." I reply back.
"Let's go." She mumbles in mock anger.

I hold Jenna's hand and we walk to the elevator of course. Three floors later we are to the main floor. We make our way to where the food is and I set our suitcase against a wall connecting the lobby to the dining room. They have a pancake machine and Jenna is genuinely enthused by it so she makes us both two pancakes. I grab her some apple juice and me some orange juice. Her parents aren't down yet so we find a table and sit down with our juice and pancakes. In a minute or so her parents come down and grab their food. They sit down at our table and start to eat with us.

"Good morning guys, how did you sleep?" Mrs. Black asked.
"Very well thank you, and you?" I ask back politely.
"Very well also." She says and Mr. Black nods in agreement.
"Jenna you look very happy, you are well rested I suppose." Mr. Black observes almost knowingly.
"Yeah I got 8 hours." Jenna lies smoothly.
"You never get 8 hours, that's good darling." Mrs. Black says thoughtfully.
"Well Tyler sang me to sleep with his beautiful voice." Jenna says truthfully.
"It's not that beautiful." I say sheepishly.
"Oh yes it is stop it." Jenna says back lightly tapping my leg.
"You should sing for our church sometime Tyler." Mr. Black says nicely.
"That would be really cool actually." I say truthfully.
"I will talk to our pastor about it." Jenna says happily.
"That would be sweet of you honey." Mrs. Black adds in.

After we all finish eating we checkout of the hotel and make our journey home. It only takes about two and a half hours to get back. Mr. Black pulls into my driveway and I thank them and kiss Jenna on the cheek and say goodbye. I walk in to our house and yell 'I'm home' to my parents. I head up to my room and watch a live performance by Red Hot Chili peppers. Once it's about 2:50 I grab my keys and head to Josh's. When I get there Josh has the door unlocked for me to walk in. I greet his parents and walk to his room.

"Knock knock." I say interrupting his jam out session to foo fighters. I mean I can't fault him there foo fighters are a pretty rad band.
"Hey dude, how was your time with Jenna?"
He asks while doing the bro shake.
"Smashing." I say in a terrible British accent.
"Oh so you did smash her I knew it." Josh says back.
"That's not what I meant dude." I say honestly.
"Yeah I know, but you did didn't you." He says back.
"How did you know?" I say back shockingly.
"Best friends intuition." He says back with a shrug.
"No, really." I say back.
"You just seem really cheerful so I could tell you got laid bro." He says back as if it was obvious.
"Oh okay, that makes sense I guess. What about you and your lady?" I ask.
"Nah not yet, but soon I think. She's been giving signals that point to it so we'll see." He replies.
"We all need to hangout again soon." I say back.
"Yeah we do. Marissa says she really likes Jenna." Josh says.
"Jenna really likes Marissa too." I say genuinely.
"Awesome, but one problem." Josh says.
"What's that?" I ask curiously.
"I don't like you." He replies back with a serious look.
"Oh yeah I forgot about that frick." I say back.
"But I'll give it a shot, for Jenna I mean." Josh says trying to stifle a laugh.
"Same." I say. Not able to hold back my laughter anymore we both burst out laughing for like a minute no joke.
"Oh man, I missed you bud." Josh says.
"I missed you too pal."