Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Clover He’s totally checking you out!” Isabella squealed in excitement. I looked over my shoulder to find the captain of the football team, Felix Walsall, scanning my body from head to toe. Now this was the point where the girl would scream with their friend in excitement right? Wrong. I hated Felix with a burning passion. Why? Because he is an obnoxious pig who will do almost anything for a ‘quickie’. If this guy doesn’t know I hate him, he is deaf as well as blind. I tied back my black hair and took long strides over to Felix and his butt-kissers. Also known as his ‘friends’. “Got a problem sweetheart?” Felix says along with his signature smirk. “Yeah, your ugly face seems to be scanning my friends and I like a barcode and it’s going to give us nightmares. So please, stop.” There was a chorus of laughs increasing my smirk whereas Felix’s was doing the opposite. I even got offered some high-fives from his friends, in which I ignored making them, pull their hands back awkwardly. “Bitch” Felix Sneered, anger clear in his tone. “Go screw yourself” I laughed and threw the last comment over my shoulder, as I walked away, making an ‘oh’ sound go throughout the crowd that had gathered during our little dispute.

“Only if you do sweet cheeks”. “Oh my gosh that was funny” Carmen laughed as I high-fived her. The crowd slowly dispersed along with pig-boy and his butt-kissers. “I almost forgot why we were friends. Thanks for the reminder, Goddess of comebacks.” Carmen bowed, making me giggle at her antics. “How could you be so rude Clover?!” I turn and come face-to-face with none other than the one who informed me of pig-boys barcoding. “Isabella, I wasn’t being rude. I was stating a fact that his face could potentially give me nightmares. He started with all the language.” I stated, rolling my eyes at her PMS moment. Isabella’s eyes widened, her jaw clenched and her fists balled up until her knuckles where white. I took a moment to take in her appearance, as she yelled at me, saying I was going to be forever alone if I kept acting that way towards guys. Isabella had sky0blue eyes with flecks of dark ocean-blue. Her nose was so straight you could probably place a ruler on it flat. She had thin lips, coated in huge amounts of lip-gloss, in which was quite unnecessary.  Isabella had a small frame, meaning small bony shoulders, flat-chested, flat stomach and tiny hips. She wasn’t short either, she was about 6’0 and her legs seemed to go on forever. See I would have been jealous of all this, but the flat chested and bony shoulders part just turns me off my envy. I’m almost opposite to Isabella. My hair is so black the night sky could not compare as it fell down to my waist in waves. I have Ocean blue eyes with miniscule flecks of gold and brown, I’m around 5’5 in height, and my boobs aren’t small but aren’t big either, making them perfect size. My hips are rather over sized in my opinion and my stomach isn’t flat completely. It’s fine for me because I’m fine with the way I am. “Are you even listening to me Clover?!” Isabella screeches directly in my face. “No” I reply flatly, “Whatever, better get to class the bell went ages ago” Isabella turns and leaves in the direction of her next class, nose in the air. I pulled my hand to my head as I straightened up my posture before flicking it out into the air in a mock salute. “Sir Yes sir” I called out as her pink heels carried her across the polished floor to her next class. The final bell rang signaling the end of the school term and the beginning of what I’m sure will be a terrific summer. It is my birthday soon after all. I picked up my mathematics book before shoving them in my dark-blue polka dot bag and trudging out of the dusty classroom. Teenagers were spread out across the yard, saying goodbyes to friends they wouldn’t see over the summer break. I walk faster as I spot pig-boy, hoping to avoid another bickering session with him. But I was unfortunate enough that he did spot me. “Slut” was all he said for me to burst out laughing. It wasn’t one of those awkward laughs for when people were embarrassed.

No, I was laughing because the schools biggest playboy just called me the naughty ‘s’ word, even though everyone knows he lost his virginity at the age or twelve. “It’s not funny. But you know what is sweetheart?” I stopped laughing and now it was my turn to be confused. “Your moans of pleasure at my house last night.” Felix said, making his ego shoot through the roof, I’m sure of it. At first I was shocked, taking a moment before regaining my composure and retaliating. “Have you switched a wet dream with a memory or something? Sweetie they weren’t my moans, it was your groans when you couldn’t find little Felix.” I kissed him on the cheek, and then sprinted to my midnight black jeep. I placed my bag in the seat next to me I heard my name being called. A guy with bright blonde hair and big brown eyes jogged up to my car door. This was Carmen’s brother Will. He was in his last year of high school and is turning eighteen on the same day as me. I have had a crush on this gorgeous guy since I can remember. “Can I catch a ride with you?” He says in his deep smooth voice. “I- uh... y-yeah of course, to where?” “Your house” said Will, hopping in the seat next to mine after I had thrown my bag in the back. Why was he coming to my house? He making conversation distracted me and the question slipped my mind. New Yorks Traffic wasn’t so bad at this time in New York City. Don’t ask my why, it just isn’t. Will and I had made little conversation due to me being shy. Yes I’m actually shy, it’s just that in school I have to be confident and stand up for myself.  No one knew what was going on, I even had therapy sessions. See I was comfortable and could be a real blabbermouth with some people, but with others I was the quietest person ever. I’d like to think of it like a defense mechanism. I stopped the car outside the huge white hotel that my family owned numerous of, opened my door and gave the keys to my baby to the valet. I walked up the marble steps with Will hot on my trail. “Good afternoon Miss Saunders. Hope you are well.” The doorman said in a smooth voice, much like Will’s. “Good afternoon to you too Alvin, I’m very well. I thought I’ve told you to call me Clover.