Chapter 1 : Ready, Aim, Fire.

It was still relatively warm, considering it was one of the first days of fall. The leaves on the trees surrounding him were starting to change colors, indicating the start of the new season.

It was supposed to be a quick mission, so the Clave had sent Alec to go alone. He hadn't felt the need to draw the Mendelin rune, seeing as it wouldn't matter. The woods were abandoned, and the werewolf he was supposed to kill would see him anyway.

There had been at least 7 suspicious murders in the last month, and it had taken a while for the Clave to point fingers towards someone, but now they had: some new werewolf who supposedly didn't have himself under control, and was lacking an alpha to guide him.

He was silently walking towards the area he was supposed to even though he had drawn the Soundless rune on his body first, and had his bow ready in his left hand, quiver full of red arrows strapped over his shoulder and his stele safely tucked away.

It was quiet, hearing only the sounds of the wind that was blowing slightly around him, making his messy hair even messier than normal, which was a contrast to what he was used to at the Institute. Most of the time, Izzy was buzzing around, bickering with Jace, or Jace would be training, or making sarcastic comments at everything and everyone. But he liked them no matter what. They were his family.

After a couple of minutes, he had found his target, a teenage boy, who was standing with his back towards him, conveniently focused on something else. As Alec locked eyes on his target, he raised and drew his bow, nocking an arrow, ready to shoot. He pulled the string and arrow with three fingers, and aimed, ready to fire the arrow at his unknowing target.

Something weird was definitely going on with her this last couple of weeks. She had been losing her mind, having visions of her dead aunt, and not the good kind. Nope, it was the kind that usually ended up in death.

'Allison.' Kate's voice was taunting her. She spins around, trying to find the source of the noise, when she sees her aunt running through the woods. She followed and lost sight of her, when she saw another figure lurking in the woods. It was a boy, around her age, looking away from here. He had what looked like henna tattoo's all over his body, but what drew her attention the most was the bow he was holding, and the quiver full of red arrows strapped on his back. He raised his bow, and in that moment she noticed what he was looking at.

Isaac was standing a few yards away from him, looking at the spot she had been practicing with Lydia a couple of minutes ago, before she had told her to wait there and took off after her imaginary aunt.

Her eyes turned wide as she quickly raised her bow herself, already nocked an arrow, and held it slightly askew.

"Drop the bow." She said with determination in her voice. She hadn't been able to hit a target once while practicing with Lydia, but the unknown boy didn't need to know that. Isaac turned his head when he heard her voice, shocked he hadn't heard the intruder. He gasped, eyes widening, seeing an arrow directed at him, and a determined face on the boy who was still holding the bow pointed at him.

Alec turned his head a bit when he heard her voice, and saw in the corner of his eyes someone around his age standing fierce, pointing an arrow towards him.

He admitted being a bit surprised, since not many people used a bow and arrow anymore. He just smirked, being confident enough about himself and his abilities to not listen to her and drop his bow.

She wasn't happy with that, as she fired her arrow, missing him by an inch and hitting the tree beside him.

His smirk grew wider when she didn't hit him, not even bothering to look where her arrow had landed. "You missed." He mocked her. She just smirked back. "You sure?"