When It Rains

Stardate 52029.4

Samantha came into Xeno carrying a holoimager, and a very excited look on her face.

"Look, everybody!" She brandished the camera at them. "This is the Doctor's. He's letting all the different departments borrow it to record messages to send home!"

"We can send messages home? What'd I miss?" Wally asked, turning around at his station.

"Well, no, not yet, but we will, hopefully, and the Doctor thought we'd all want to have something ready to send home if we find something and have to send them in a hurry.."

"Oh yeah, good idea," Wally murmured, getting up from his station and coming to stand beside Sam, who turned and proffered the holoimager to her CO.

"You can go first, Zariel."

Zariel carried the holoimager over to her station, and slowly set it on top of the console, seemingly lost in thought. She sank absently into her chair, and sat staring at the camera for so long that T'Lin, Samantha and Wally, standing behind her, began to look at one another and shrug in confusion. Finally, Zariel reached up, picked up the camera and turned in her chair to hold it out to Wally.

"Here, you go. I have no idea what to say."

They stepped back, arms folded, and Wally said, "What do you mean you don't know what to say? Haven't you been thinking about it for the last four years?"

"Haven't we all?" murmured Samantha.

Zariel spun her chair around and stood up, pushing the holoimager into Wally's chest. "I don't have time right now anyway. I have to be on the holodeck for a baseball game."

She turned and hurried out of Xeno. Wally and Samantha shrugged at each other, and T'Lin reached deliberately between them to grab the holoimager and take it to her station.

            Zariel thought some time later that she should have been in no hurry to get to the baseball game, because she was doing her team no good whatsoever now that she was here

Zariel thought some time later that she should have been in no hurry to get to the baseball game, because she was doing her team no good whatsoever now that she was here. She'd struck out once and flied out once already, and made a ridiculous error in the field, bobbling the ball and then trying to make the throw to first base rather than flipping it to second and getting the lead runner out. She stood watching Harry at the plate, and devoutly wished he'd come around a bit more as a hitter. It was quite likely he was about to strike out, and as the lead off hitter, she'd be up behind him.