The Beauty and The Beast

From the age of eight she knew she was the beast.The black beast : the outcast ; the shame of the family.Being ridiculed by her friends and relatives? That was like a daily dosage for her. At first they were the only ones who bullied her, but as time went by, she became her greatest bully. It went from crying to cutting, from being sad to being depressed, from hating them to hating herself.
Add ten more years to it. Nothing had changed,except for the fact that she was then an adult,but was she? No matter how much she bragged about being one,she knew deep down she was still that kid,the kid who was afraid of being ridiculed,the kid who hated to see herself in the mirror.Yes, she was no longer a loner,but she was still very lonely. Bitterness was engraved in every breath she took. Her laugh lacked life and her heart was devoid of love. She craved for attention yet got scared if she got any.
But can you blame her? All her life all she got was rejection. She was always the last option. Whoever she remotely got attached to left her. She used to snort whenever she saw girls fussing over "relationship goals" or "friendship goals" but yet she slept with a romantic novel on her lap.
You know why? No matter how much hurt her heart was, the silver lining stiched in her heart glowed brighter than the darkness engulfing her.
But unlike every fairy tale, a knight in the shining armor did not come and sweep her off her feet. No,she met her own beauty. Her inner self. She fought her own demons. She healed her wounds,stitched her heart and rekindled her unwavering fiery hope. Its been a year now. Nothing is flawless,infact everything is a mess but she is okay. She knows that the path she follows awaits unknown storms and uncharted terrains, yet she is marching forward with a warm smile. A smile no one has ever seen, her true smile. And she knows this smile might falter at times, but it will always be there, because finally the beast have started loving the beauty : the beast's beauty.