Open Letters

PART 1

I am sorry Mom and Dad for being such a letdown and a disgrace.I am sorry for not being your perfect daughter, for repeatedly not living upto your expectations. For being rude to you,almost all the time.Its a much easier escape than explaining what went wrong. Showing you guys that turning into a spoiled party brat was easier than to explain my nauseatingly twisted,depressed self.
Besides whats there to explain? I have not gone through something tragic did I?So what we shifted to a new place?You did it for my betterment.And what have I done? I let my anxiety get to me. Yes new places with new faces scare me. Did i forgot to tell you that? Sorry I had been trying for so long to be a carefree strong girl,that sharing all this felt idiotic. I started ditching
school. Not cause i chose partying over studying . But because it suffocated me. Don't get me wrong. I did make friends. But there were many masked people, Yes masked people who scare me more than monsters.
Remember the nights you saw me strolling around the house with my phone in my hand intead of being tucked in bed? It was not because I was busy being the social butterfly that everyone knew. It was because my thoughts were killing me and I was trying to drown myself in music.
Being betrayed was the most common thing that happened to me Mom. I remember how you used to warn me about people using me. But, I never paid a heed to your words. But you were absolutely right mom. I feel so used. Why did it happen to me mom?I was just trying to be useful. All these shattered me mom.
I know all these sound like bundled up excuses to you and I cant blame you for thinking like that. I know I am the one to blame.I made this image with my own deeds on my own accord .But trust me when I say this: I badly wanted to confront. There were nights I wanted nothing but to curl up in your arms and cry. And let it flow like the Niagara Falls. But we were too distant for that.
I miss you guys. I really do. Believe me your daughter is still down there somewhere. She is weak and frail but she is still trying hard to come back. Even though u two gave up on her long back, she tries to reemerged from the depths that bound her and soar in the wind. Making you proud of her even if it's just once.
-The Girl Who Let Depression Win