The Beginning

Author's Note; Both Sam and Scarlett are 17 years old here, enjoy! (Hope its good!)

After winning a bet over pool in a bar, I earned five hundred. "Good game buddy boy!" I said to the angry forty-five year old man that had a big beard and a big belly. "See ya next week!" I said walking away, counting the money in my hand with a big grin on my face.

As I left the bar and, I gripped my bomber jacket around me tightly. "Sure getting cold." I whispered to myself. Christmas was sure around the corner, I wonder what'll I get myself with this money. I looked next to me to find a boy around my age with a motorcycle and a guy giving him money. He noticed me looking to him so I looked away and shoved my money into my pocket along with my hands and started walking away.

"Hey!" The boy ran after me but I ignored him, I rolled my eyes and started walking quicker. "Hey hey hey, wait'a minute" The boy caught up to me, touching my shoulder to catch my attention. "What is it you need?" I said roughly, stopping my tracks and staring at him dead in the eyes. Huh, kind of a pretty boy. "Tough aren't ya." he said with a small smirk.

I kept quiet, waiting for him to continue with whatever he wanted to say. "You caught my eye, I couldn't help it but come and talk to you." He said, putting his hands in his pockets. I laughed loudly, making the boy loose his smile. "What?" He asked. "Whatever." I said rolling my eyes and walking away, only ending up being followed by him.

He caught up with me again, walking next to me on the sidewalk. "I saw you leave that bar, how did you⎯" I cut him off, answering his question, feeding his curiosity. "How did I enter the bar? I know some people." I replied simply.

"Your parents⎯" Once again, I cut off the boy, knowing exactly what he was going to ask. "My parents know I hang out this time, this place?" I pointed at the bar behind us. "Nope, no parents." I said giving him a tight smile. The smile from his face dropped and he started to stutter. "Oh⎯ I'm a I'm⎯" And once more, I cut him off. "You're sorry, yeah I know."

"I'm Sam Morgan, by the way." He said. "Scarlett Sullivan. Sam, I like that name." I said and before he could say anything, I looked back to see a motorcycle parked. "Hey, that your motorcycle?" I said impressed. "Actually yeah it is." He answered proudly.

"That's cool, I like motorcycles." I said, receiving a smile from him. "Wanna ride?"

"Wait, what?"

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

After Sam gave me a ride, we stole some snacks from the mini market. Even though I had five-hundred in my pocket, I didn't want to waste it on snacks. Either ways, I liked stealing things. Sam and I sat on a roof top, the moonlight was shining on us. Sam and I had a lot in common, our parents, our lives and even we were just a little similar.

I leaned back, holding my head on my hand, leaning onto my elbow. The moon shined onto his face, making some parts of his face glow. My heart skipped a beat and my mind traveled far away.

I usually don't trust guys, I never did. Some lied to me, some tried to follow me back to wherever I was heading, either ways, I never really trust people in general.

"Scarlett, Scar? You there?" Sam waved his hand in front of my face, making me blink a couple of times. "Sorry, I was just uh⎯"

"Staring? Yeah I get that a lot." He smirked, making me blush and roll my eyes. "Well aren't you a little narcissist?" I said playfully.

Later on, Sam and I continued to speak about our family, Sam went on and on about Nathon his little brother. "You should meet him sometimes." Sam said.

"I'd love to, sounds like a great kid." I said. "He really is." Sam said with a smile on his face. He sure does love his brother, how cute.

⎯⎯⎯⎯

Five months have passed by since Scarlett and Sam met. Sam introduced Nathon to Scarlett, and Nathon started to like her more and more, as a sister, of course.

"She's fun to be around with!" Nathon tells Sam, and Sam always agreed. To Scarlett, she saw Nathon as a small little brother but Sam, she liked him. More than a brother or a friend.

They have become her family, and to the brothers, she was family too.

Earlier that day, Scarlett had to drop out of her Catholic orphanage due to criminal activities and her sense of adventure. All the sneaking out and all the time of coming back late with bruises on Scarlett's face, the nuns couldn't deal with it any longer.

"Hey." Scarlett jumped onto the roof, meeting up with Sam. The big smile on Sam was wiped off his face when he saw the cut under Scarlett's blue eye.

"Scar⎯ What is this?" Sam was about to touch her cheek but Scarlett pushed his hand away, she felt embarrassed and babied by him.

"Its nothing trust me, just another fight." She said. "Who did this to you Scar?" Sam asked, anger in his tone, heaviness on his chest.

Scarlett found it cute that he was protective of her, but this time she needed to tell him what was going to happen in a few hours.

"Sam look, I need to tell you something." She ignored his question. "What is it Scar?" He asked curiously.

"Well, I uh...I'm⎯ My grandfather found me and I'm leaving with him." I stared at my converse, not look Sam in the eye.

"What? When?" Sam asked loudly. "Like, in a few hours. The nuns got a hold of him, they didn't like me around anymore." I said giving him a fake laugh, sitting down.

Sam sat down next to me and put his arm around me. "We'll keep in touch, right?" Sam asked, sadness in his tone even though he tried his best to hide it.

"Of course!" Scarlett answered. She was really going to miss Sam. "Tell Nate the great that I said hi, alright?"

"Scar, I like you, like really like you. You know what I mean?" Sam started to stutter, his palms started to sweat making Scar giggle.

She liked it when he called her Scar, she liked him back too. But was this all gonna be a little puppy love thing that teenagers go through? She hoped not.

"Well, I like you too." With that, it sent Sam smiling like a little boy who got his lollipop back. Before Scarlett could react, Sam's lips went crashing onto hers.