15.1 The Benders

I was sitting on the trunk of the Impala, waiting outside for Sam and Dean to come back from the apartment of the family who saw the victim's disappearance.

I sighed as I looked around. I glanced at two cute boys, maybe two or three years older then me, walking closer by. One of them stopped and patted the other one on the shoulder, looking at me.

I looked back to the apartment, smirking. I glanced back and saw that the second guy coming up to me, rubbing the back of his neck. "Hey," He said.

"Hey," I said, raising an eyebrow and smiling slightly. "You new here?" He asked. "Now, how did you knew?" I asked, smirking. He grinned, "I think I would have seen you here before," He said.

"And that as?" I asked. "Well, a pretty girl like you? It's hard to miss," He said. I gave a small giggle, taking a piece of hair and pulled it behind my ear. "So --"

"So, kid, mind beat it?"

We both looked over my shoulder to see Dean and Sam walking up to us. They both were dressed as sheriffs. They stood in front of us, arms crossed and glaring at the guy.

"Right, okay, um," The guy started, clearing his throat and looked back at me. "So, I hope to see you again." I smiled slightly, "Yeah, bye," I said. "See ya," He said before walking away, back to his friend.

I looked at my brothers and saw that they still didn't took their eyes off from the guy. If a look could kill, the guy would have been dead already. I glared at them and cleared my throat, which they both finally looked at me.

"Seriously?" I asked. "What?" They both asked at the same time. I glared at them again, "Why? Why did you do that?" I asked. "Well, Shorty, looks like that it's hard to let you stay on your own, even for five minutes," Dean comment. "You beginning to be noticed."

I rolled my eyes, "What did you found out?" I asked. Sam sighed, "The kid saw something grabbing Jenkins. It pulled him underneath the car. It took him away. He heard it leaving. It made a whining growl," He listed and I raised an eyebrow, "What? Really?" They nodded and I sighed.

...................

It was getting dark when we decided to go to a bar after Sam and Dean changed. Sam and I were sitting at a table with a beer and glass of water, Sam on Dad's journal, doing research while Dean stood nearby, throwing darts.

"So, local police have now ruled out foul play. Apparently, there are worse signs of a struggle," Sam said. "Well, they could be right, it could just be a kidnapping," Dean said. "Maybe this isn't our kind of gig," I added.

"Exactly. I like how we think so much alike, Little Sis," Dean said and I smirked, shaking my head. "Yeah, maybe not. Except for this -- Dad marked the area, guys," Sam said. Dean came to the table and we both looked at Dad's journal. "Possible hunting grounds of a phantom attacker."

"Why would he even do that?" I asked, frowning. "Well, he found a lot of local folklore about a dark figure that comes out at night. Grabs people, then vanishes. He found this too -- this county has more missing persons per capita than anywhere else in the state," Sam explained.

"That is weird," Dean said. "Yeah," Sam and I agreed at the same time. "Don't phantom attackers usually snatch people from their beds? Jenkins was taken from a parking lot," Dean said.