Chapter 7

Looks coming every which direction.

I had people come up and talk to me, that I swear I've never seen in my life!

Walking through the halls, was always a simple task. No one ever noticed me, until now.

Every pair of eyes were locked on me.

It's like people have never heard of change.

I mean c'mon people, I needed a fresh start. This is my second chance, my do-over in life.

Or at least I thought.

"Dani what the hell did you do to yourself?", Harry smirked, coming up beside me from my locker.

"I changed a few things...", I reply shutting my locker with my foot.

"Looks like you changed everything", he stared at me in shock, as if I wasn't Dani.

"Are you okay? You're looking at me like I came from another planet", I smirk, amused by his state of disbelief.

"You just, don't remind me of my sweet innocent Dani anymore", he slouched back onto a nearby locker, almost looking disappointed.

Did he just call me his?

I literally just met him last week!

Okay so what if I got a little wasted last Friday night, and happened to end up at his house. Sleeping on his bed. Letting him take care of me, while on my first hangover.

"I'm sorry I'm not what you wanted", I mumble back, hurt filling my mind.

The bell rang, just in time to cut Harry from what he was going to respond. I honestly don't want to know what it was, since he already downed my spirits a bit.

I was feeling so happy about my change, like I was a whole different person. I was ready to break out of my shell, Harry made it seem like I did a terrible thing.

I'm sorry but I wasn't aiming to please him.

Maths was coming up, so I got to see Leah's reaction of my new look.

"Fence jumping I see?", a voice startled me while I was taking a seat in the back.

"Leah!"

I ran over to give her a hug, while she had the chance to look me over; up and down. I swear her eyes covered every inch of me, not missing a single detail.

"So....."

"Dani, I'm not going to lie. You look different. I don't know if it's good or bad, I just don't want you thinking you had to do this. In the first place I don't even know why on earth you did this. I thought you liked the old you. The true Dani", she smiled.

"I know. I thought I'd just try it out. I wanna live Leah, I wanna know what it's like living on the edge", I can't help but laugh at my stupid remark. I sound as if, I don't know how to live properly.

Maybe that's the truth. I've been hiding behind someone that wasn't my real self, this whole time. I was posing as a different person to cover up who I really was.

This is who I really am.

Inside and out.

I sat through the entire Maths lesson, and made it out alive; thankfully. The whole class I was strumming my pencil along my desk, earning dirty looks from the teacher.

Honestly, I couldn't care less.

"Listen Danielle, I need to tell you something later on", a voice scared me from the lunch room.

I sat in my usual table with Leah and Zoe. I turned around seeing Harry's emerald green orbs staring at me, with such emotion. He looks almost hurt or was it guilty?

Of course he wouldn't have anything to be guilty of. Or would he?

"It's Dani. Don't call me by my real name. Are you sure you want to tell me? Or will it end up like last time you wanted to talk about whatever it is you must tell me", I scoff rolling my eyes turning my attention back to my friends.

"Danielle, I just want to talk to you after school. I'll pick you up at your house at 7", he continued; taking a seat beside me.

"Look I already told you once not call me Danielle, I won't tell you again. So if you won't listen to me, I don't have an interest in hearing what you have to say", I snap.

"Whatever Danielle. See you at 7", he chuckled; standing from the table.

Once I was sure he was gone, I mumbled "bastard", under my breath.

Leah and Zoe, started giggling. I gave them the death glare, which immediately shut them up. They had approved of accepting who I am now, and didn't have anything to say against it. I guess they believed in changing for the better, although I think in my situation I'm changing for the worse. Still, they remained my best friends and acted as if I was still the old Dani.

I was so grateful to have such understanding best friends.

When lunch was over, Leah and I headed to English while Zoe left for Choir.

Before she completely departed from our presence she brushed past me whispering "have fun tonight".

I rolled my eyes, as she sent a wink towards my way.

Perhaps the last friendly look I would ever receive from Zoe again.