10) The Assistant's Home

Tour ended and my usual filming schedule was back to normal.

Armani was dragging me back to school because apparently I was hopeless and someone with a real degree needed to teach me.

"I don't understand why we have to come back here. I'm paying you plenty and you're smart enough to take online courses." I shrugged as we took our seats in the auditorium. Armani scoffed and rolled his eyes. They almost seemed hazel under the auditorium's dull lights.

"Nothing beats old fashion learning Ivory." I studied him while he took notes. Four pages of heavy ink filled notes that didn't clump together.

He sucked in his bottom lip and furrowed his eyebrows in concentration. Every once in a while he'd push back his hair and I'd have to look away because he could see me.

"Your notes are empty Ivory. How do you plan on passing the exam?" Armani raised a brow. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm proving to you that your old fashion knowledge isn't different from any online courses."

He chuckled and pinched my cheeks,"That's cute. Really, it is. But this is an exam Ivory. It's serious."

This was the beginning of a long argument.

"If I score higher than you with no notes, then you'll let me drive your car." Armani narrowed his eyes on me and scoffed.

"Over my dead body. If I score higher then I get to be in one of your precious vlogs." The smile on his face irritated my short temper.

"Just take your stupid notes and be quiet." I whispered with annoyance. Class lasted another thirty minutes before we went to my apartment. The table was still a mess but slightly better since Armani and I got back from tour. It would take another month or so to get everything straightened out.

Armani and I tackled it whenever we could.

I was sorting through some merchandise when his phone rang on the table. Armani was in the living room doing push ups since the gym was closed for construction work.

I picked it up and read the contact name. He stopped doing push ups and walked over to me.

"It's your mom." I grinned while handing it to him. Armani answered it and cupped it to his ear. His features were serious but controlled as if he was trying to mask his emotions. I followed him as he paced around my living room mumbling short answers.

Every once in a while he would wink at me as if he was enjoying the attention. Without talking, Armani had found yet another way to annoy me. After she hung up, Armani flopped onto my couch with a sigh. I furrowed my eyebrows and glared at him.

"What did your mother say?" I asked curiously.

Armani shrugged and smirked,"Wouldn't you like to know."

"Armani Indigo Jones, do not bullshit me."

He stopped smiling. I could see him drop his facade slowly. Armani pulled at his hair before returning his eyes to my own.